How to fail ....

Started by Phoenix, August 23, 2018, 02:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

:hellosign:

I received this comment on my "Windmill Hill" thread, and it got me thinking, as a lot of stuff came together.

Quote from: daffy on August 21, 2018, 05:26:22 AM
What a journey! Thanks Kevin for your brilliantly detailed account of the building of Windmill Hill. It has been both an inspiration, an entertainment, and a master class in design and construction. Your attention to detail and willingness to make changes in search of perfection, often following comments by others, is what sets this micro-layout apart.

The bit that made me think was the bit about willingness to make changes.

I have been compiling an account of my little layout build, and including changes I made, and the only reason I made the changes were because I got it wrong, and my friends here on this awesome forum helped me get it right.

:thankyousign:  :NGF:  :thankyousign:

But the thing I really learnt is that it is ok to make mistakes, and also ok to share them, and everybody benefits from that.

This tied in with a YouTube video posted by a lady I subscribe to. She is a fabulously creative and artistic builder/designer/fun person and she just posted a video about her recent mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xujJQPwlTew&t=0s

The moral .... Accept your mistakes and learn from them, Take on board others comments and act on them, and people working in other creative forms still have relevance to what we do.

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

Phoenix

Ha, this is really weird,

I used Daffy's quote and somehow got my post mixed in with it .....  :dunce:  :-[  :dunce:

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

daffy

Good morning Kevin. Glad my comments were helpful. :thumbsup:

To get your post looking right just use the Modify button at top right of your post, and then select and Cut the [/quote] bit that appears at the end of your post (after the 'Cheers!' Emoticon,, and Paste it back at the end of the words of mine that you quoted.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations