Bachmann Announcements 2017 models

Started by crepello, December 02, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbow

Has there been any indication about delivery dates on the new tooling items? On current form one would not expect most of them until 2018 but I believe GF have been indicating a quicker turnaround this year.

Snowwolflair

Well I hope the 8F has a good mechanism as there are some nice  kits that use an 8F chassis but the old Farish is well past sell by date.

If they are Next18 sockets it should be possible to wire sound in the others with the addition of a speaker.  I would guess that the plastic wont be different and the speakers will be available as spares.

I do like the idea of the C class, I was on one at the Bluebell a couple of months ago and was about to build the N Brass kit.  I still will as it is such a nice loco but very complicated to line.

Now to see if Farish deliver what they promise on delivery dates.  I guess the Castles will be the acid test.

Ollie3440

Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
My prayers have been answered in that we're getting an 8F but the only late crest version has sound :thumbsdown:
I'm not paying for sound when I dislike it so unless they make a late crest version without sound I'll have to get someone to change the crest for me on the early one

Or swap bodies with someone who has bought the late crest one. (HINT HINT) I'll be wanting both Early and Late so having both sound fitted would be lovely. :)

Cheers

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Skyline2uk

Only three items of interest for me, of which only one new tooling:

Class 31/1
New tooled TEAs
Latest standard 47 in Railfreight Distribution

The refurbished 31 is of interest to me in tripple grey Petrolium (of course) although I am intreauged by that choice of Sub-Sector. I wonder if Farish have chosen this to go with the upgraded TEAs?

Also keen on the updated TEAs in BP Green. I have four of the old Poole ones and I remember spending ages trying to get hold of the green versions. Apparently popular enough livery for Farish to start with them.

I also have an early China class 47, 47306 "The Sapper" which is in RFD. The new 47/0 would (despite a different sub-class) is essentially an upgrade for me and I should ask myself do I spend cash on an upgrade or buy one of the new items I have on my list?

I suppose I could research trade-ins for older 47s and old Poole TEAs?

Skyline2uk

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on January 08, 2017, 10:14:40 AM
Highlight for me is definitely the C class in N.

Ditto! I'm doing backflips with excitement.  :bounce:  I wonder what their idea of 'sound enabled' will be. Does that mean it will have a speaker? Otherwise, I don't see how anything with a socket could be any more 'sound enabled' than an extant dcc ready loco.

Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

alibuchan

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on January 08, 2017, 11:28:11 AM
Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on January 08, 2017, 10:14:40 AM
Highlight for me is definitely the C class in N.

Ditto! I'm doing backflips with excitement.  :bounce:  I wonder what their idea of 'sound enabled' will be. Does that mean it will have a speaker? Otherwise, I don't see how anything with a socket could be any more 'sound enabled' than an extant dcc ready loco.

Philip

I assume it will have tabs on the pcb to solder speaker wires on to, just above the speaker space and you just drop the decoder in.

Alistair

longbow

The 3MT is still listed on the GF website for Feb/Mar but I can see no mention of it in today's release. An oversight presumably.

talisman56

374-432 Bulleid 63ft Brake Third Corridor Open in BR (SR) Malachite Green livery
374-432A Bulleid 63ft Brake Third Corridor Open in BR (SR) Malachite Green livery
374-442 Bulleid 63ft Third Corridor in BR (SR) Malachite Green livery
374-462 Bulleid 63ft Composite Corridor in BR (SR) Malachite Green livery

As long as these are numbered in the ranges 4011-40 (BTK); 26-40 (TK); and 5823-37 (CK) then they would be correct for those who model that period. What we really need, though, are matching BCKs already...

374-951 BR Mk2A FK First Corridor in BR Green livery

Incorrect - the only Mk2 FKs that appeared in BR(SR) Green were the initial Mk2 (later Mk2Z under TOPS) variants, and these had several detail differences, most visible were the window ventilators (two part sliding portion like Mk1, not the single pane as in later Mk2s), and the style and colour of the gangway end doors.

EDIT: Just seen the image on the Farish website - it's the OO version of the Mk2 (no suffix)/Mk2z coach. The description above is incorrect. It would happen, wouldn't it - just as I've got my two Electra vinyl-sided Mk2s under way...

Thompsons - something to run with the NGS full brake...

That being said, they can take my money for a 'C' or two...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: Ollie3440 on January 08, 2017, 11:18:22 AM
My prayers have been answered in that we're getting an 8F but the only late crest version has sound :thumbsdown:
I'm not paying for sound when I dislike it so unless they make a late crest version without sound I'll have to get someone to change the crest for me on the early one

Or swap bodies with someone who has bought the late crest one. (HINT HINT) I'll be wanting both Early and Late so having both sound fitted would be lovely. :)

Cheers

Ollie

Thanks Ollie,
I'll bear that in mind :claphappy:

trkilliman

I'm not paying for sound when I dislike it so unless they make a late crest version without sound I'll have to get someone to change the crest for me on the early one. As I'm likely to get more than one a renumbering will have to be done too.
I hate to say this but I'm glad it's Farish doing it rather than Dapol as I wish they had done the 9F.

I like that an 8F will make an appearance...at some stage. Have to agree with you newportnobby about Farish doing it as opposed to Dapol. I wonder how many more out there share this view?     Sadly Dapol do not seem to be addressing buyers concerns, in my opinion.

Carmont

This is a good an announcement, particularly the Thomson coaches, although none in maroon I notice. That's okay, that means they will come later. With the 40s expected this year that spreads the load on the bank balance a bit.

@newportnobby It is not implausible for an early crest locomotive to run in the ate crest period. It wasn't uncommon for an early crest to be so adorned all they way up to withdrawal in the 60s. I will buy an early crest example, on that basis, for my late crest period.

As far as the 31s are concerned, I was rather hoping they would release an early skin head version, but you can't have it all.

I'm not entirely familiar with the C class. Where would they have got to on the network. I'm assuming BR(S) only, but where abouts? Would they have gotten to the south coast via the central division?

More brake vans are welcome.

gc4946

I welcome the introduction of the 8F to 21st century standards and, as predicted, the introduction of Thompson carriages in the smaller scale.

With the arrival of the SECR C 0-6-0 those modelling ex-Chatham lines receive a welcome boost - the last survivors served as departmental shunters at Ashford Works and weren't withdrawn until 1966 (source: Wikipedia)

Interestingly, there's no new reliveried DMUs or EMUs announced today for this year.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

acko22

Well,

I relieved not a massive selection of new stuff that interests me personally but, if its so they can catch up on stuff they have already announced then I wont argue.
The only thing they surprises me is that they haven't gone for 37099 in colas livery as it is named after Merl Evans I would have thought they would be straight onto that with its links.
Only things that are really tickling my fancy are the 57s and some wagons, but I can live with that there is enough on the want list that is already on sale!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Portpatrick

As I have stated on the Facebook group, of the new items it will only be the Thompson coaches I will be after.  I too would like maroon ones but my current 4 makeshift models include 1 Blood & Custard.  So I may buy 2 initially and wait - or even just replace the 4 and get some maroon ones as well later.

I don't use my 8F or 40s very often so they are low priority.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations