!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Track plan done on Xtrackcad transfer to a control panel  (Read 100 times)

Offline ahodgett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16967
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
Track plan done on Xtrackcad transfer to a control panel
« on: December 07, 2017, 03:08:28 pm »
I would like to transfer my track plan onto a control panel, but the only adhesive tape to show track layout that I can find is 3.1 mm or 1/8" Scotch tape in various colours. I have had it in blue for such a long time it may even not be usable when I take it out of it's packet !!

Is there even a slim possibility someone makes realistic track looking adhesive tape which I could use instead?  1/8" is ideal for what I want?

Regards
Arthur Hodgett

Offline Delboy

• Awards
Re: Track plan done on Xtrackcad transfer to a control panel
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 04:34:26 pm »
Arthur,
Is this any use to you. A video from Mike Fifer on how he makes his panels.
Cheers Dennis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdjpUyc9w6s
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
Re: Track plan done on Xtrackcad transfer to a control panel
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:35:20 pm »
A quick Google will find many self-adhesive, A4, laser-printable sheets. Some glossy, some matt. You could print directly onto those and then use as they are or stick on and then cover with sticky-back plastic.

There is also a "press'n'peel" laser printable mask for etching PCBs. I wonder if that could be used to mask and etch aluminium sheet?

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here