Black Friday - the longest day of the year?

Started by daffy, November 24, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Claude Dreyfus

Black Friday - the day for people to spend money they don't have, on stuff they don't need...

railsquid

Quote from: Evans on November 25, 2017, 11:12:49 AM
Black friday is a great day to realise that the one big thing i bought 2 weeks ago is now cheaper to the tune of £150  :censored: even tho it was reduced by £400 when i bought it!!!!! oh well live and learn or possibly not  :no:
Ah, but if you had waited, it would either have not been on sale, or sold out by the time you went and looked.

railsquid

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on November 25, 2017, 02:42:43 PM
Black Friday - the day for people to spend money they don't have, on stuff they don't need...

I thought it was all about the fighting.

jpendle

Black Friday, The day after Thanksgiving.

The day in the USA when retailers finally make it into 'the black' for the year.

As opposed to 'red ink'.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

The Q

Quote from: jpendle on November 25, 2017, 05:09:20 PM
Black Friday, The day after Thanksgiving.

The day in the USA when retailers finally make it into 'the black' for the year.

As opposed to 'red ink'.

John P
I was just about to say that,

Arrived 20 dpdt switches from the house of strong ladies.
No purchases were made yesterday.
Except for stuff for railway modeling, and SWMBO'S arts and crafts, we've reached the point where there is little we wish to buy. So unless, it is something we were going to buy for routine use,  sales are of no interest.

scottmitchell74

Black Friday made it overseas? Weird.

As an American, I hate it. I never participate. I hate that people have to work on a major holiday (besides major hospital and first-responder services).

I miss when I was a kid when most places were closed on Sundays, and for sure on holidays.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Evans

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on November 26, 2017, 12:56:43 AM
Black Friday made it overseas? Weird.

As an American, I hate it. I never participate. I hate that people have to work on a major holiday (besides major hospital and first-responder services).

I miss when I was a kid when most places were closed on Sundays, and for sure on holidays.
Every day is sadly a normal working day now (except easter sunday/Christmas day) gone are the days of family's spending Xmas together as most now have to work boxing day so people can spend there money, what difference does one day make? Still another 363 days they can spend there money on!

paulprice

Forget Black Friday seeming to drag on and on.

I HAVE JUST HAD TO WATCH THAT SCTRICTLY COME PRANCING RUBBISH with the Domestic Overlord, surely the UN have people to stop these crimes against humanity?

daffy

Quote from: Evans on November 26, 2017, 09:41:20 AM
Every day is sadly a normal working day now (except easter sunday/Christmas day) gone are the days of family's spending Xmas together as most now have to work boxing day so people can spend there money, what difference does one day make? Still another 363 days they can spend there money on!
It's the Madonna Syndrome -

"For we are living in a material world......"

Sadly. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: paulprice on November 26, 2017, 09:59:16 AM

I HAVE JUST HAD TO WATCH THAT SCTRICTLY COME PRANCING RUBBISH with the Domestic Overlord, surely the UN have people to stop these crimes against humanity?

You have my sympathies, SWMBO is a Sickly fan too :sick2:

Fortunately my top floor train room is a naturally defensible position...

kirky

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on November 26, 2017, 10:19:59 AM
Quote from: paulprice on November 26, 2017, 09:59:16 AM

You have my sympathies, SWMBO is a Sickly fan too :sick2:

Fortunately my top floor train room is a naturally defensible position...
Me too🤕
I have a swmbo and two DDs and apparently Strictly is a family tradition in our house. The dent in my head fits the shape of her thumb perfectly.
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

joe cassidy

If it's any confort to you the French version is worse. Happily my girlfriend is not a fan. :)

Best regards,

Joe

Evans

We should all now look forward to cyber monday 😂

port perran

We never EVER watch that dancing programme. It makes absolutely no sense to either of us.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations