N gauge forum problem on ipad

Started by iceboy, January 31, 2016, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

FYI, my OS is 9.2.1 and Safari hasn't updated itself for as far back as I can check.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Cooper

Quote from: Malc on February 02, 2016, 03:32:16 PM
FYI, my OS is 9.2.1 and Safari hasn't updated itself for as far back as I can check.

Mine too.  :thumbsup:

Branchie

Anybody suffering from massive Rebolution adverts appearing on their iPads when browsing different threads (or is it just me)?!?

iceboy

no adverts here, just the forum problem..not in private browsing either..so it looks like its just a few,but some are getting other problems.did you get the ads problem before the update?.couldn't answer before..no internet till now.

Branchie

Quote from: iceboy on February 02, 2016, 09:28:07 PM
did you get the ads problem before the update?.

No problem until tonight!

iceboy

Well thanks for all the replies it looks like nothing can be done..updates seem to bring more misery than joy with apple. Think we can close the thread now.

iceboy

Just to say,on my lenovo tablet...this doesn't happen. :claphappy:

Nik96

This definitely sounds like an individual problem, I've not had a problem with safari on my iPad.
4 Layouts in, I've never got further than ballasting track. 5th time lucky?

iceboy

Quote from: Nik96 on February 05, 2016, 09:31:27 PM
This definitely sounds like an individual problem, I've not had a problem with safari on my iPad.
Never speak too soon my friend. :no:

zwilnik

It's possible that the site's plonked some spurious data in the cookie stored on your iPad for its settings during an internet outage or other glitch. If you go to the Advanced option in Settings - Safari, you can used the Website Data option to scan through for the www.ngaugeforum.co.uk data and delete it. Restart Safari and go to the site again and in theory that should cause it to create a new cookie (i.e. you'll probably have to select it away from showing in mobile mode and sign in) and if the winds are all in the right direction, it might be fixed.

Pengi

I'm getting this on my iPhone5 for the unread posts I have deleted the cookie as Zwilnik stated.

Any ideas?

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

iceboy

looks like its planting some sort of cookie?

dannyboy

Quote from: iceboy on February 06, 2016, 11:02:13 PM
looks like its planting some sort of cookie?

That's not planting - that's breeding! ;D. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham Walters

Check your history tab to make sure you are not clearing your browsing history on exiting safari or on shut down.

You may also want to check your settings in general to make sure they are saving settings on exit / shut down.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

iceboy

Sometimes if I don't clear history in safari,it won't search..so what do you make of that.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations