!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Modelmaster/NGS decals  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
Re: Modelmaster/NGS decals
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:41 am »
Got it !!!  Had to go through with a VPN connection!!  At least I can watch BBC now!

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 11:06:06 am »
Ah yes, the Blairite Broadcasting Corporation.

Glad your back connected.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

Offline RichardBenn

• N Gauge Society Number: 23407
  • 2mm Association Number: 3998
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:22 pm »
I have two Modelmaster orders outstanding since June. I spoke to him a couple of months back and he said that the hold up was because (a) he hadn't realised that the NGS had renumbered everything and (b) the packs were all mixed up and required a lot of sorting.

I have just received one of my two orders so things must be moving, albeit rather slowly.......

Richard

Online Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+47)
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 11:47:23 pm »
I have received 2 out of 3 of my orders now, and I have to say I never actually contacted Modelmaster to nudge them along. So I think it's fair to say that they are on the task, even if it is taking a bit of time.

The first Farish Castle can be renumbered now :)

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

Online silly moo

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 04:32:51 am »
I've more or less given up on ever seeing my order or getting a response to my emails. I think it would be good business practice for Modelmaster to state somewhere on their website that some orders are taking a long time to process.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:23:04 pm by silly moo »

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2017, 12:15:30 pm »
Hi

At least you can order the ones you want. I'm still waiting for the ones I require to appear on the website. Back in April I was told it would be a few weeks, well its now nearly December and they still haven't appeared.

I've given up and managed to get what I require by other means and I won't bother with them in future.

Cheers

Paul

Offline trkilliman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2017, 12:56:26 pm »
I sent them an email several days back but have heard nothing.

I am interested in some bus fleetnames as we used to buy from the NGS shop. IIRC we used to get two different fleetnames and 3 pairs of each in a packet from the shop. The Modelmaster website appears to show them as a pair of fleetnames, and at a price I would be loathe to pay for a single pair, even with our discount. I'd like them but they are not a must have.  It does say somewhere on their website that where decals appear either side of a loco etc they are sold in pairs.

What I want to establish is if we are now getting a single pair of bus fleetname decals. Some of their website is still under construction or awaiting photos, so I have asked them direct. I think it's a fair question to ask so their is no misunderstanding when placing an order. If I get a reply I'll let others on here know their answer

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • NGS Product Development Officer
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2017, 10:40:02 am »
Folks

I suggest people post complaints about this on the NGS groups.io list (or email the NGS Committee: committee@ngaugesoc.... etc)that way the relevant people are more likely to see it.

I think it is important that people tell the right people what is (not) happening. I will try to raise it but life is a bit tricky at the moment with house moves and it is always better to hear first hand experiences.

Cheers, Mike

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 11:07:27 am »

I am interested in some bus fleetnames as we used to buy from the NGS shop. IIRC we used to get two different fleetnames and 3 pairs of each in a packet from the shop. The Modelmaster website appears to show them as a pair of fleetnames, and at a price I would be loathe to pay for a single pair, even with our discount. I'd like them but they are not a must have.  It does say somewhere on their website that where decals appear either side of a loco etc they are sold in pairs.

What I want to establish is if we are now getting a single pair of bus fleetname decals. Some of their website is still under construction or awaiting photos, so I have asked them direct. I think it's a fair question to ask so their is no misunderstanding when placing an order. If I get a reply I'll let others on here know their answer

There is nothing on the website to suggest that bus fleetnames are not sold in pairs. A non-NGS buyer would have no knowledge of previous practice, so only the expectation of a pair which is what is stated clearly on the website.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Franšaise des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline trkilliman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »

There is nothing on the website to suggest that bus fleetnames are not sold in pairs. A non-NGS buyer would have no knowledge of previous practice, so only the expectation of a pair which is what is stated clearly on the website.

woodbury22uk,

Yes a non-NGS member would have no previous knowledge of what used to be, so would only expect a pair of bus fleetnames. However, for those of us who have been NGS members for some years, I'm fairly certain that when the decals were in the hands of the NGS you would receive e.g 3 pairs of Royal Blue and 3 pairs of Southdown.
I am merely trying to establish IF handing back the "huge stocks" of decals that were in our shop has resulted in what appears to a considerable price hike. This is the way it seems, so I have asked the question of Modelmaster themselves. I await a reply.

I would just like some clarification of what I would now get for my money now (our) stock has been either given/sold back to the manufacturers... Modelmaster. Once the situation regarding decals becomes clearer NGS members will be able to make their own minds up as to whether they feel we have lost one of our membership benefits. Unless I am wrong it certainly looks this way to me. What I will say is that yesterday 2 other long term NGS members came to my home for a get-together. All three of us are now beginning to consider our renewals when they occur.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here