!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons  (Read 25557 times)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Hattons
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2017, 07:36:50 pm »
And as I confirmed today, the physical shop is still half empty, with display cabinets of locos and rolling stock, plus paints, but pretty well nothing else. No structure kits, no track, no electrics, no second-hand rummage bins, etc.. That's 5 weeks now!

Offline jacowin80

• Awards
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2017, 07:42:44 pm »
I was hoping to have a look in next Tuesday as I am in Cheshire Christmas shopping and usually persuade to wife to let us take the detour.  If this is the case the journey may not be worth it.  I did like Hattons on my first and only visit but I do like to support the local smaller shops back home in Cumbria.

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2017, 08:04:54 pm »
They keep saying that it will restocked be soon, but it hasn't progressed in the last 3 weeks or so. I'd definitely ring them before making a detour there.

Offline jacowin80

• Awards
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »
They keep saying that it will restocked be soon, but it hasn't progressed in the last 3 weeks or so. I'd definitely ring them before making a detour there.
Many thanks, If nothing has been done for several weeks I can't see a few more days making a big difference.  Seems such a shame to have a fantastic space like that and for it not to be used.  Im sure most model retailers would only dream of a space like that.  Maybe a trip to chester model centre instead!

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2017, 03:50:56 pm »
If anyone's received the Black Friday email from Hattons, did you manage to actually open the page?

I've tried half a dozen times and get the same message: 500 - The request timed out. The web server failed to respond within the specified time.

Logging on to access my account there seems to be taking an age but is opening then very slow.

Maybe it's simply too much traffic?   :hmmm:

Dave G

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »
If anyone's received the Black Friday email from Hattons, did you manage to actually open the page?

I've tried half a dozen times and get the same message: 500 - The request timed out. The web server failed to respond within the specified time.

Logging on to access my account there seems to be taking an age but is opening then very slow.

Dave G
No, not yet. In fact the Hattons website doesn't seem to be working at all.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2017, 04:22:36 pm »

Dave G
No, not yet. In fact the Hattons website doesn't seem to be working at all.
All seems ok now..
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2017, 04:28:11 pm »
Too much temptation!!!! Must resist.
 :)

Bob Austin

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2017, 06:17:24 pm »

You are surely aware that 'Resistance is Futile'  :worried: :wave:

Dave G

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2017, 07:00:50 pm »

You are surely aware that 'Resistance is Futile'  :worried: :wave:

Dave G

Computer (online banking) says no!! SWMBO says no!! Maybe a lottery win this weekend will do the trick.
 :no: :beers:

Bob Austin

Offline Graham Walters

• N Gauge Society Number: 26013
  • Yes I support United...
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Testvalleymodels.com
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »
Since they upgraded the website they have been having problens on a regular basis, I've had more than one customer say this,   one also stated that they 'lost' his online order.
Test Valley Models
info@testvalleymodels.com

You can visit us Tues - Fri 11am - 5:00pm Thurs Late Night until 10:00pm  Sat 9am - 5:00pm
Unit 404, The Commercial Centre. Picket Piece. Andover SP11 6RU

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »
Since they upgraded the website they have been having problens on a regular basis, I've had more than one customer say this,   one also stated that they 'lost' his online order.

From what I am reading that is old news now. Deliveries seem to be back on track for many folk, and my last order on a Friday evening was with me on following Monday midday two weeks back. Luckily my Yodel driver is top notch.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Franšaise des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline Graham Walters

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Testvalleymodels.com
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:35 pm »

From what I am reading that is old news now. Deliveries seem to be back on track for many folk, and my last order on a Friday evening was with me on following Monday midday two weeks back. Luckily my Yodel driver is top notch.

This is likely to be true as it was about a month back I heard this, probably down to too much traffic
Test Valley Models

You can visit us Tues - Fri 11am - 5:00pm Thurs Late Night until 10:00pm  Sat 9am - 5:00pm

Online silly moo

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2017, 02:30:22 pm »
How does their pre-order system work? They told me I could not place a pre-order without supplying my credit card details.

Can they deduct money from your card without out informing you if you have pre-ordered something? I would hope they will give you a chance to accept or decline the purchase, as circumstances and prices do change.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:31:37 pm by silly moo »

Offline Graham Walters

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Testvalleymodels.com
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2017, 02:37:43 pm »
How does their pre-order system work? They told me I could not place a pre-order without supplying my credit card details.

Can they deduct money from your card without out informing you if you have pre-ordered something? I would hope they will give you a chance to accept or decline the purchase, as circumstances and prices do change.

If they are signed up to PCI SS (99.999999% of online shops are) they don't store credit card information, and should only process that payment when the goods have been dispatched.
Test Valley Models

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here