Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupC

It's nice to see people buying themselves early Christmas presents (I have too) - now that phase is nearly over and the 25th is almost here you can also now buy yourself, if you can get away with it, an actual Christmas present. Then there's the potential of New Year sales, which simply can't be overlooked,  following which in mid/late January we can all get ourselves new year blues presents! Winners all round!

After that spring will be round the corner and what better way to welcome it than by buying yourself a springtime present.

And I wonder why all my track is full.

daveg

Looks like GroupC has got the virulant type of Ngauge-itus!

There's no antidote - thank goodness!  :D

Dave G

AC

Not posted in a while, so here's a link to my latest purchase;
NR-P500 Peco Limited Edition Somerset Coal Special Souvenir Wagon Set

The batteries in my camera are flat, so I was going to try using my webcam for a couple of quick photos, but for some reason it only wants to work in black and white at the moment...

The main reason for buying this set was for the local connection, as the hopper depicted was apparently destined for Portishead Power Station, so they probably won't leave the box very often.
The foam insert is actually 2 inserts beside each other, so if you only want one of the two wagons out of the box, you don't have to mess about with one long piece of foam. The printing appears to be up to the usual crisp Peco quality and both the wagons have coal loads in them.
Although the HAA hopper is weathered, it looks to me like the body was weathered before being attached to the chassis. I don't have any other wagons weathered by Peco to compare it with, and the weathering only looks to be quite light, but still looks good to me. I don't have any pics to hand of the real thing to compare it with.

I'd be interested if anyone knows any details of the train that the hopper traveled in, especially when it was on the Portishead branch.
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Skyline2uk

QuoteVery pleased with my Ebay purchase.

Ah so that was you was it? Well done!

Had I the money, space and MK2 layout available, that would have been mine  >:D

Lovely train  :D

Skyline2uk

Luke Piewalker

With my customary out of focus picture my shunters match truck has arrived

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

d-a-n

[smg id=8830]

Last week I bought the Newspaper Express set and a blue class 08 - this week I decided to get another parcels van from Rails to bulk it out a bit. Over the moon with Rails of Sheffield's packaging of items - nothing was going to damage this item in transit!!

Jerry Howlett

Looks to me like that poor little 08 is being threatened !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

johnlambert

Quote from: d-a-n on December 14, 2013, 05:36:30 PM
Last week I bought the Newspaper Express set and a blue class 08 - this week I decided to get another parcels van from Rails to bulk it out a bit. Over the moon with Rails of Sheffield's packaging of items - nothing was going to damage this item in transit!!

Nice!  I fancy the parcels set but thought it could do with an extra GUV, didn't realise blue parcels vehicles were available as individual items.

I'm waiting for a delivery which was left with one of my neighbours.  They weren't in when I went to pick it up :(  :veryangry: ;)

Luke Piewalker

I was so excited when the postie came I went to look through the peephole in the door and headbutted it...  :dunce:

guest311

Quote from: johnlambert on December 14, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Nice!  I fancy the parcels set but thought it could do with an extra GUV, didn't realise blue parcels vehicles were available as individual items.

I had a look on there, and although I stand to be corrected by the Mk.1 hoarder  ::) it looks like only one BG and one cl24 left as ex-set.

could find no listing for 'new' GUVs in newspaper markings.

johnlambert

Quote from: class37025 on December 14, 2013, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on December 14, 2013, 07:23:25 PM

I had a look on there, and although I stand to be corrected by the Mk.1 hoarder  ::) it looks like only one BG and one cl24 left as ex-set.

could find no listing for 'new' GUVs in newspaper markings.

Interesting! 

Shh, before someone else goes and snaps it up  ;)  I quite fancy a blue-grey BG on its own....

Bealman

That newspaper train is a nice little set (even in blue!)  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

CarriageShed

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on December 14, 2013, 09:18:23 PM
I was so excited when the postie came I went to look through the peephole in the door and headbutted it...  :dunce:

:laughabovepost:

Sorry, Luke. Shouldn't laugh but just had to.

I managed to get hold of another Graham Farish Stanier LMS coach for my 1930s Pines Express:

And also this strange little kit of a full brake. It's full white metal with a lumpy roof and vinyl side panels, and isn't the best construction I've seen, but it'll do as an occasional No 7 coach for the Pines. It was a bargain, so I certainly can't complain.

Anyone know its origin?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations