Dr Who

Started by Bealman, October 02, 2018, 03:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on October 08, 2018, 06:01:58 AM
Just wondering what people thought about it, as I guess it screened over there in the UK and US.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've read enough about it already, so spoilers aren't a problem.  :thumbsup:

Its on this evening @Bealman in 10mins on ABC

Stevie DC

Quote from: Bealman on October 08, 2018, 06:01:58 AM
Just wondering what people thought about it, as I guess it screened over there in the UK and US.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've read enough about it already, so spoilers aren't a problem.  :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed it and there were brief moments of dialog that reminded me of Tenant's Doctor (my personal favourite!) while still being something totally new. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode!  8)

austinbob

Not bad at all but... Not nearly as good as when I had to hide behind the sofa to watch it...  :D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

:thumbsup: :laughabovepost:

You and me both!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

For me it was the Cybermen who were the most frightening.

Newportnobby

Undecided. Shades of The Crystal Maze with people running from place to place and arriving 'breathless' before deciding what to do. I do like the new 'sonic screwdriver with Sheffield steel' and the fact the Doctor hasn't quite got to grips with what she is yet but am also disappointed to hear none of the old 'enemies' will be appearing. As ever the BBC do wonders with effects.
I've been a Dr Who fan for more years than I can remember so will continue to watch as I think it will improve.

Bealman

The show has great production values and will I'm sure, "come of age."

The running around bit reminds me of the X Files, which, guess wot?..... I can live with that show too  :uneasy:

austinbob

Quote from: Graham on October 08, 2018, 09:30:34 AM
And the special effects were so simple then.. None of this high tech stuff. A lot left to the imagination of the viewer - much better in my opinion.
:thumbsup:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

If you like watching unknown people walking around in rubber suits spray painted silver with bits of plumbing hanging out of their ears  ;) ;D :beers:

austinbob

Quote from: Bealman on October 08, 2018, 10:11:45 AM
If you like watching unknown people walking around in rubber suits spray painted silver with bits of plumbing hanging out of their ears  ;) ;D :beers:
How do you know they're rubber suits Mr Bealman? I bet you've got a secret Cyberman suit stashed away at home... That's how you know.   :D :laughabovepost:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

@austinbob
Oh dear. That's an image I really wish you hadn't put in my brain cell :no: :goggleeyes:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Loved the first episode and, as a bonus, they didn't feel the need to dumb it down to a bake-off clone :D

ntpntpntp

Have to be honest I had it on all ready to enjoy it, then found myself not fully paying attention and doing other stuff.   Don't think it was any fault of the show, I'm going to watch it again on iPlayer and pay attention this time!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Karhedron

Quote from: Graham on October 08, 2018, 09:30:34 AM

I agree 100%. Daleks just rolled around shooting stuff. Cybermen wanted to take you apart and rebuild you as one of them, far more terrifying. Rather like zombie horror. Being caught by them was a fate worse than death.

I really liked Capaldi's final 2-parter with the origins of the cybermen as this used this theme heavily. I am 40 years old and I still felt the urge to crawl behind the sofa! :o
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

daffy

Having watched and studied the detailed lesson in metallurgy and electronics, I'm off to my shed to build my own Sonic Screwdriver.

Great episode, superb characterisation by Jodie, just the right amount of madness, eccentricity and genius. All in the best Dr Who tradition.

Not sure I'm quite so happy about my dentist freezing my jaw tomorrow afternoon though. Hope he's not into trophies. :worried:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations