Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on September 08, 2016, 08:10:02 PM
Our beautiful greyound Gemma had to be put to sleep yesterday at the age of 13. She had a very happy life and passed away very peacefully. We all miss her but we have to move on.

Rather than have an extended mourning for her passing I thought I would name a loco after her as a memorial.

Today I bought a nice weathered green Hymek and would like to name it after  Gemma. Does anyone know a company that will do bespoke name plates to attach to N gauge locos.

I know that many of you will want to give consolations for Gemma's passing, as you have for other similar losses of pets, but I would prefer that you don't.

This is the happy thread and we are very content that Gemma led a good and comfortable life and would like to celebrate her life by naming this loco.

:) :thankyousign:
Just named my Union Mills T9 greyhound 'GEMMA' (decided not to use the Hymek)

Photos below...

Gemma a few months before we got her from Hampshire Greyhound Trust when she was 3 years old

Gemma a couple of weeks before she went to doggy heaven at 13 years old.

Union Mills T9 Greyhound named 'GEMMA' in memorial.

:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bob Tidbury

Wonderful tribute to Gemma .
Bob

dannyboy

As Jerry and Bob have said - a lovely tribute.   :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Wot they said, and congrats to grandad, also!

What's a Brio set? Is it what I'm thinking of, all that wooden stuff?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Thanks!

In that case, I have experience with it too. On a UK visit a couple of years ago, after spending a day with Sprintex, I drove over to Cambridge to stay a couple of days with an old schoolmate of mine.

Of course, his grandson had been told I was a train head,  so what was waiting for me when I arrived? A huge box of the stuff with the expectation that I would build his dream layout on the living room floor.

A very pleasant afternoon  -  I was amazed that you can actually build some quite complex track formations!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on December 03, 2016, 09:01:43 PM

Of course, his grandson had been told I was a train head,  so what was waiting for me when I arrived? A huge box of the stuff with the expectation that I would build his dream layout on the living room floor.
A very pleasant afternoon  -  I was amazed that you can actually build some quite complex track formations!

Quote from: Sprintex on December 01, 2016, 01:15:35 PM

Unfortunately he was so excited with it he didn't want to leave it to do "other things" and consequently added a 'small yellow pond' on the carpet as scenery!  ;D

I just hope you didn't do that (again), George :laugh:

Bealman

Nah.... was trying to hang on til I got to the Wigan show a couple of days later  ;)

railsquid

Quote from: Crooked Spire on November 30, 2016, 10:17:03 PM
My daughter has just phoned and she has given birth to a girl this evening. Both baby and mother are well. She already has a two year old son who I'm currently looking after

Very proud granddad
Congrats! I trust you are indoctrinating the 2 year correctly old while in your care? ;)

railsquid

Talking of Brio, we have some in the loft I'm dying to introduce the Squidlet to... He's recently mastered the art of pushing a toy car along the floor so it won't be too long...

JBQFC

Quote from: JBQFC on October 24, 2016, 07:54:28 PM
Quote from: JBQFC on October 23, 2016, 07:31:52 PM
done my first bit of modeling since june starting to feel better hope to get good news off the doctor tomorrow  :bounce:

Doctor said that as my colitis has cleared up a lot i can come off the steroids  :claphappy: this will take two months as i have been on them so long i have to reduce them slowly
my other med i will have to stay on to keep the colitis at bay hopefully   
will be pleased to be off the steroids at they stop me from sleeping and i am tired and hyper at the same ?  :bounce:

i am now off the steroids and been to see my consultant today he is happy with my progress and will be staying off the steroids :claphappy:
he has told me to watch what i eat over Christmas and a void food that can cause me trouble  as my blood test show that they is still inflammation in my bowels so could trigger a flare up 

Newportnobby

That's great news! :claphappy:
I hope you can still manage some of the Christmas specialities.

JBQFC

Quote from: newportnobby on December 22, 2016, 01:16:23 PM
That's great news! :claphappy:
I hope you can still manage some of the Christmas specialities.

yes i just need to avoid things like nuts and any thing very high fiber so no sprouts yeh

Bealman

As a brighter anecdote to my whinging about the bus stop in the angry thread, the bus I got the other night had been decorated by it's lady driver. Pretty cool.

dannyboy

Quote from: JBQFC on December 22, 2016, 01:32:40 PM

yes i just need to avoid things like nuts and any thing very high fiber so no sprouts yeh

Glad things are improving for you, but I have to say, it's a bit extreme the things some people will do just to avoid sprouts!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations