Bachmann Announcements 2017 models

Started by crepello, December 02, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: Bob G on January 10, 2017, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: paulprice on January 10, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
Whats in the North Eastern Freight pack, not that I'm turning my back on the LMS
Looks like a nicely weathered B1 and three tank wagons plus brake van.

HTH
Bob

Weathered? I thought all NE loco's were supposed to be rusty lol

47 years N

Quote from: Chetcombe on January 09, 2017, 05:11:05 AM
Not much for me in this lot which will spare my wallet some stress. A couple that will interest me are a couple of uncommon coaches from the transition era, namely the Mk2a FK in SR Green and BR Maroon. Surprised to see these in the list to be honest...

I wonder how many they will make? Worth waiting for box shifters to heavily discount them (a la nightcap bar)!
Such rarities. Why no a white cab deltic, weathered deltic, full yellow ended green deltic, deltic that shoots flames (dcc only)  :D
I don't like roundy roundys. Took me just 50 years to realise 🙄

Snowwolflair

I just got the 2017 Farish catalog in the post.

On sound, if there is a DCC sound version then the rest of that model type is marked as sound enabled and it looks like all you would need to do is add a sound chip.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 11, 2017, 11:41:02 AM

On sound, if there is a DCC sound version then the rest of that model type is marked as sound enabled and it looks like all you would need to do is add a sound chip.

Do you know if they are doing a late crest Stanier 8F without sound please?

georgehgv

Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2017, 02:21:33 PM

No not in catalogue. Br Black early but the late one is sound 💊
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Snowwolflair

Quote from: georgehgv on January 11, 2017, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2017, 02:21:33 PM

No not in catalogue. Br Black early but the late one is sound

Actually if you just take out the DCC chip and put in the blanking plate it will be DC, then sell the sound chip to someone who wants sound in one of the other liveries.

Newportnobby

Thanks Both :thumbsup:
I like the idea of selling the sound chip but wouldn't pay that much to have it in the first place. :no:

snail

Just as I was reading this I heard the postie at my door, so happy I got up and didn't just think it was junk mail!  :D :D :D

Snowwolflair

Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2017, 02:35:35 PM
I like the idea of selling the sound chip but wouldn't pay that much to have it in the first place. :no:

Do a deal with someone who wants sound, and I am sure some of the sellers might oblige to do the swap.

RailGooner

Definitely:
379-017     Graham Farish 2017 Catalogue
371-137     Class 31/6 31602 in Network Rail yellow
371-468A   Class 37/0 97304 "John Tiley" in Network Rail yellow
373-602C   46T VGA Sliding Wall Van BR Railfreight Distribution
373-603     46T RBA Sliding Wall Van DB Cargo
377-353A   Intermodal Bogie Wagons 45ft Containers 'Malcolm Logistics'

Possibly:
371-471     Class 37/0 37261 in Direct Rail Services blue
371-659     Class 57/3 57315 in Arriva Trains Wales livery
372-775     Class C Wainwright 0-6-0 271 in SE&CR plain green

And looking more likely by the day due to problems ordering the Dapol model:
371-398     Class 66/7 66779 "Evening Star" in BR green with GBRF branding

Quote from: acko22 on January 08, 2017, 02:10:27 PM
.. surprises me is that they haven't gone for 37099 in colas livery as it is named after Merl Evans I would have thought they would be straight onto that with its links. ...

Yes, I'm surprised too that they aren't doing 37099 in N. Especially after reading this:
To honour our great friend and colleague, we are producing a OO scale model of the Class 37 locomotive in Colas Rail livery that was recently named 'Merl Evans'. This is a mainstream catalogue item. The locomotive has just been extensively overhauled and modified for the latest chapter in its working life with Colas working on the Main Line. As part of these works, a change had to be made to the headlight position on the nose (something that we will replicate on our tooling) and it was out-shopped in the latest Colas livery proudly carrying its unique tribute to Merl. A donation will be made from the sale of each model towards LOROS, the chosen charity of Merl's family. LOROS provides hospice care in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and further details can be found at www.loros.co.uk.
from http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118606-bachmann-announce-midland-1p-class-203-bep-buffet-car-vea-prestwin-and-carflat/

crepello

Quote from: GreatBigBlue on January 10, 2017, 09:35:31 PM
Quote from: Chetcombe on January 09, 2017, 05:11:05 AM
Not much for me in this lot which will spare my wallet some stress. A couple that will interest me are a couple of uncommon coaches from the transition era, namely the Mk2a FK in SR Green and BR Maroon. Surprised to see these in the list to be honest...

I wonder how many they will make? Worth waiting for box shifters to heavily discount them (a la nightcap bar)!
Such rarities. Why no a white cab deltic, weathered deltic, full yellow ended green deltic, deltic that shoots flames (dcc only)  :D

Yes I've been nagging for ages on an FP Deltic; FYE green would be good too.

Dr Al

Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2017, 02:35:35 PM

Sound chip is meant to work (with some limitations) on DC aswell, so it's not a dud device under DC.

Though of course, you may hate sound, period!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Ben A

Hi all,

The particular Colas 37 named after Merl Evans has its headlight in an altered position I believe.  They are tooling this modification in 00, where sales are usually significantly higher, but I suspect it is felt not worth doing in N.

I am not a DCC user (though I think I am heading that way) but I ran the Farish 108 with sound on DC and was really impressed.  I think it is often overlooked that you get a surprising amount of the sound functionality on DC.

Cheers

Ben A.

longbow

QuoteI think it is often overlooked that you get a surprising amount of the sound functionality on DC

Please elaborate.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations