Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Quote from: daveg on July 14, 2018, 02:16:05 PM
Where we are, both BB and mobile signals are  :censored: and sometimes non-existant.   :computerangry:

I wonder sometimes if things would go quicker using an Aldis lamp or perhaps semaphore flags!

Recent info shows that there are no plans to 'improve' the service in the next 3 years.  :'(

Two miles down the road they have fibre.   :(

Apart from that, we love the place *!

Dave G

PS: *Wanted to add  the  :heart2: smiley but thought that might be overdoing it, a bit!

Here in sunny North Worcestershire the broadband is fine - fibre to about 100 yards away, but the cellphone signal is non-existent except on the roof of my neighbours house. Nine years ago Vodafone/O2 had planning permission for a mast 50 yards from my door, but when they came to install it the tree with a preservation order on it had taken over the site! I told them that would happen and suggested some other sites, but they were only interested in "Highways land" which it appears they get to use for free.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

dannyboy

Quote from: woodbury22uk on July 23, 2018, 09:19:51 PM
the cellphone signal is non-existent except on the roof of my neighbours house.

A bit extreme when you want to make a call!  :goggleeyes:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: dannyboy on July 23, 2018, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on July 23, 2018, 09:19:51 PM
the cellphone signal is non-existent except on the roof of my neighbours house.

A bit extreme when you want to make a call!  :goggleeyes:

We only know there is a signal there because the aerial fitter received a call while he was hugging the chimney stack doing some repairs. Not sure it is there all the time either.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

The Q

We can only get a signal, from the bathroom up stairs, It happens to face the nearest transmitter.

Horning, used to be a black hole for mobiles until they put 3 repeaters in the village, The Sailing club gets  a particularly good signal now... one of the repeaters on the back of the starters box!!

Regatta week starts on Saturday, it will be used a lot...

Newportnobby

Pointless me having a smart phone as no signal where I live on any network. I'm with Vodaphone and a while ago Vodaphone & Orange were going to put up a joint mast but the council vetoed it. I can just about squeeze a text off in my conservatory but that's all.
I love it :D

Bealman

Wot? Where you are? You must be lead shielded!

I'm with Vodafone too, and had no problems the last time I was in the UK  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 24, 2018, 09:54:45 AM
Pointless me having a smart phone as no signal where I live on any network. I'm with Vodaphone and a while ago Vodaphone & Orange were going to put up a joint mast but the council vetoed it. I can just about squeeze a text off in my conservatory but that's all.

That is why we are in the "Happy thread". Back in the early 2000s I had a serious bout of illness , and nobody could get hold of me by mobile. Only the really smart ones used the landline, and on my wife's insistence, got to talk to the answering machine. Technology working for me.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Malc

If Vodafone were really serious, they can bypass the local councils objections. They did so by me.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on July 24, 2018, 11:57:29 AM
If Vodafone were really serious, they can bypass the local councils objections. They did so by me.

I'm quite sure there would be benefits to having a decent signal but can't think what they'd be and why I'd want them. The folks who want to ring me (and I want to ring me) know my landline. I'm on pay as you go with Vodaphone so don't have a contract giving me 1000s of calls/texts/GBs of data etc etc. Yes - I'm in the Dark Ages still but even that has its benefits :)

daveg

I sent a text to my nextdoor neighbour at 09:03 this morning. She replied immediately but I got that at 11:32.

Her network is O2 and mine Giff Gaff that shares that same network.

Ain't technology wonderful?  :no:

Landline daytime charges far too expensive.

Dave G

Skyline2uk

Afternoon all

Just wanted to say (as I have come to realise such things must never be taken for granted) that most recent scan shows "mini Skyline" is doing well.

Mrs Skyline is also doing ok, although would perhaps prefer it a tad cooler.

Hoping everybody is ok and at least coping with heat (if not actively enjoying it).

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Nice to hear your news - hope things do not get too difficult for Mrs Skyline.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

That's great news.
Hopefully Mrs S doesn't feel too uncomfortable in this heat.
Perhaps you should move down to Cornwall - it's not quite so hot here.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow/Fridays temperatures and humidity so it must be pretty awful for your good lady and the baby :worried:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 25, 2018, 09:36:04 PM
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow/Fridays temperatures and humidity so it must be pretty awful for your good lady and the baby :worried:

She is suffering a bit, but drinking plenty and baby certainly was wriggling about at last scan (hiding face with hands, rolling over, generally being cheeky).

Fortunately her office is very cool, but at home the fan is hers and heaven help any stray soul who dares move it..... :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations