E.Bay

Started by splinter, February 04, 2017, 12:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splinter

Hi

Has any one else had problems with EBay's web site, that is very very slow these days. No matter what browser I use, I fine it so slow. It`s not my internet connection, but other sites like this one is no problem. However when I use my Android Smart Phone, the Ebay site is quick. Any Ideas from any one about this problem

Thanks in advance for any responces

Delboy

My eBay connection seems to be fine so I would suspect perhaps a browser problem. It may be worth trying another browser for comparison.
Good luck.
Delboy
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

austinbob

No problems here either. Delboy's suggestions sounds good.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

RailGooner

Quote from: splinter on February 04, 2017, 12:16:26 PM
.. No matter what browser I use, ...
What browsers have you used @splinter ?

splinter

Hi

thanks for the reply
I have tried  the following browsers Internet Explorer. Google, Edge and Duckduck Go. Out of that selection, Edge seems to be the best, but still slow. I did think it was the computer, but this happens on my laptop as well as the two other computers in the household. I have ruled out the computers, as I can log on to other sites such as this with no problem. A mystery to me as to the problem 

Delboy

Which operating system are you using?
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

RailGooner

Dunno  ??? My Edge on Win10 seems fine. Try clearing the cache maybe. In Edge click:

• Settings
  • Choose what to clear
With at least the top 3 options selected, click:

• Clear
Then close Edge, reopen and try again. Might help, can't hurt.

woodbury22uk

Could it be that you anti-virus/security does not like your login name?
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Ian Bowden

It does depend on what your search criteria is. I have just gone into Ebay using google chrome on windows 10. The search criteria i used was "N gauge" this showed the first few but took around 2 minutes to complete the search. There are so many entries it will struggle to provide quick results.
A second problem with the internet in general is afternoons the Americans start logging on and put a lot of activity on the system.
Type of connection will also have an effect based on the line speed.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations