Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croxy

Quote from: whiteswan on December 22, 2013, 03:18:21 PM
Just had a traditional English Sunday lunch down on the Paseo Maritimo here in Benalmadena, the blue Mediterranean gently lapping the shore.  Lots of tourists were walking around in shorts and short sleeved tops etc, some were even sunbathing but when you live here you get used to it, I was wearing a light fleece as I considered it a chilly 20 C.   Oh, it is a hard life   ;) :)

Ha Benalmadena.......that's where my parents are living.......not only do I get to hear about the "oh so chilly" weather from them.....now I get to hear it on the forum as well.......

:)

If you like it run it......

daveg

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014.

Thanks for your company through the year!  :beers:

Dave G

NTrain

Christmas time has come again,
It seems to come each year,
With trees and decorations,
And people full of Christmas cheer.

With all that extra shopping,
And all that extra drink and food,
All those crisply baked mince pies,
And mulled wined to get you in the mood.

It will soon be time for turkey,
And lots of Christmas pudding,
A feel good film on the telly,
And Christmas songs to sing.

So my message for those who have read this,
Is, may you be filled up with cheer,
May I wish you merry Christmas,
And a prosperous and happy new year.

BobD 2013

daveg

My Tomix track cleaner arrived from Japan this morning - and no extra charges!  :claphappy:

Dave G

jonclox

Finally got to the dentist this morning after they had cancelled last Fridays appointment.
The tooth that I smashed when sneezing last Monday night didn't take much sorting. A scrape here and a bucket of tooth cement and all was fixed then on to the main event ......................The final fitting and test run of my 1st ever dentures.
Only lower plate was needed and Ive now 6 extra teeth to chomp with.  :claphappy: :claphappy:
All I need now is someone to run them in for me before Christmas day
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MinZaPint

Quote from: jonclox on December 23, 2013, 04:19:59 PM
Only lower plate was needed and Ive now 6 extra teeth to chomp with.  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Give Luis Suarez A ring!  :D 
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on December 23, 2013, 04:19:59 PM

Don't forget to lubricate them, Jon :D

Caz

Had a black blob appear in my eye Chrismas Eve, been worried about it so went to docs today who though I had a detached retina and sent me immediately to the hospital.  After much examination is appears I have a lesion in my pupil and some of the gel has leaked, there is nothing they can do, I just have to live with it.  On the plus side was very pleased with the prompt treatment here and can carry on modelling.  :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

scotsoft

Not the best news, especially as they are not going to operate on it.
As long as you can still see and are in no pain then your brain will take care of any floaters.

cheers John.

daveg

Sad to hear of your sight problem, Caz 

I hope as John says, you can adjust quickly and you carry on enjoying your modelling.

Dave G

Bealman

I am really surprised they can't do anything about it, but it seems you are quite OK with it. You never know, it might just go away by itself - sometimes that happens with some medical issues.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Sorry to read your news. Hope all goes well. Sometimes I think being deaf would save me having to listen to SWMBO but sight is a different kettle of fish. Don't have any knowledge about your ailment but keep on trucking and don't take risks like doing doing risky work without eye protection.

Caz

Thanks guys, it is just very annoying having a black blob (it is static, not a floater) in my vision all the time, just hope as Scot says my brain will filter it out in time, at least I can still see ok.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

I have a blue blob in front of my eyes this week.... oops! It's a Blue Pullman!  :claphappy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on December 28, 2013, 11:36:53 AM
I have a blue blob in front of my eyes this week.... oops! It's a Blue Pullman!  :claphappy:

Aw shuddup! :envy: :envy: :envy:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations