Dapol N-thusiasts Club

Started by sprichasm, January 25, 2012, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprichasm

Rumour has it that the 2012 members' wagon is a 21T MoT hopper ... has anyone posted a picture of one anywhere yet?
:beers:
VBR
Chas

GWR-Kris

if i remember will take one tonight.

sprichasm

Thanks!
I guess mine will turn up soon anyway ... though it might be of interest to any non-members.
VBR
Chas
VBR
Chas

BobB

There is no local retailer here  that stocks and sells Dapol products despite represenations to do so. This is because their early history was such that many products were not (to use the legal term) of merchantible quality.

Reports on forums (this and others) suggests that they equal or exceed acceptability of other regular manufacturers of rolling stock (essentially only being able to compare with GF for moving stuff of British outline).

Joining any club here in the nether regions when availability locally is very limited has an equally limited appeal since compatible rolling stock to model a realistic train will end up as an impossible dream.

As such discussions about a presumably limited edition item because of club (manufacturer) membership is (being polite) irrelevant when planning a realistic layout is considered.

Sprintex

Quote from: BobB on January 27, 2012, 05:46:04 PM
As such discussions about a presumably limited edition item because of club (manufacturer) membership is (being polite) irrelevant when planning a realistic layout is considered.

Eh?  ???

Are you trying to say the OP is wasting his time with this thread?

Paul

MikeDunn

BobB,

No-one is forcing you to read threads on the Dapol club ...  While I don't find the model in question of interest personally, I do find the topic of use.  So I disagree about this discussion being irrelevant.

Mike

Newportnobby

We have had various discussions about what our members post and, in the main, we are a big friendly family who are willing to talk about just about everything, from medical and personal issues to music to drink and, of course, railwayana in all aspects. The thread is of interest to many members and should not be dismissed by those who cannot or don't want to benefit from it. There is a thread about what names we give to our cars and, speaking personally I am not interested as all I have ever called my cars would be immediately deleted by other mods, but that is just my opinion and I am just one in nearly a thousand.
I very much appreciate how difficult it is for members in far flung places to obtain what we in the UK take for granted, but that should not be used to dismiss a thread as irrelevant. Gets off soap box and exits stage left.....

sprichasm

Glad we got that sorted then ... I just acquired an example of another Dapol Club wagon - a Gunpowder Van in Royal Ordnance Factory (Red X) grey livery - Should go well with the eventual MoT hopper!
VBR
Chas

sprichasm

My membership renewal wagon has just turned up ... very smart - but a pity it's filled with simulated coal (coke?) rather than the iron-ore ir purports to carry, according to the lettering on the side! Time to respray the insert?
:beers:
VBR
Chas

sprichasm

Wanted: Hard to find Dapol Nthusiasts' Club limited edition private owner wagons

2007 Members Open Day   grey   October-07   7-plank wagon
2011 Members Open Day   blue   October-11   ? open wagon

Best prices paid by avid collector!
:wave: :help:
VBR
Chas

H

Joining any club here in the nether regions when availability locally is very limited has an equally limited appeal since compatible rolling stock to model a realistic train will end up as an impossible dream.

Oddly enough I notice that the OP resides in Switzerland which is probably just as much a 'nether region' as SA is in being a member of a British based club yet probably still finds more than 'limited appeal'. With the current global postal system it is possible these days for dreams to be more than impossible and end up a reality.

H.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations