!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kilsby Drift  (Read 766 times)

Offline Gavin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20062
    • Gavin's Railways
    • Awards
Re: Kilsby Drift
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 09:29:54 pm »
Many thanks Claude, a few photo's around when you look so no problems with the Pendelino's . Seen a few on Facebook now so assume I'll get mine soon.

I purchased some Megafret's  and KFA  Container wagons at the weekend,  Fiddly to get the draw bars in and very bouncy on the track,  Assume they will run better with some containers. The drawbars make them more difficult to push so going to need to think more about the operations.   From an outline perspective the loaded trains will run into the exchange sidings, disconnect at the front and drive off or wait. The shunter will come in from the other end, reverse back up the headshunt and then propel the wagons into the yard before uncoupling.  I need to validate the length of the headshunt and the propelling back around what I assume will have to be a bit of a bend.  I'd have liked to have more than 4 pairs in a set but I'll recut the drawings based on that size and see what the plan looks like.  Dapol easi shunt couplings for the engines, shunter and both ends of each rake.  To do a run around the shunting will take to much space and I assume they are propelled in at Dirft as I couldn't make out any crossovers in the yard to release the shunter.

Offline Gavin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20062
    • Gavin's Railways
    • Awards
Curves and board widths
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 06:39:37 pm »
Curves and Widths

Been following some posts on the Pendelino and thinking about the board widths as well as the length of the layout.  More on the length later. On the end board width I think I can stretch to 30 inches which with 2 main line curves gives me a an outer curve of around 28 inch diameter and an inner curve around 26 inches. Around a radius of 14 and 13 inches. The key question is will  the Pendelino fit around these and how far apart do they need to be to prevent touching.  The inner curve, 3rd line could then be around 11-12 inches.  All of these are standardised by peco as 2,3,4 radius and I believe itís only 1st they have a problem with.  The 66ís are used to a 2nd radius, 11 inch curve on Crawley yard so should be ok on this.  Need to test now once I have one to run.   

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Kilsby Drift
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 07:54:06 pm »
My inner curves are about 11-12Ē radius Gavin, so youíre welcome to pop round and test sometime. Still waiting on my Pendolinos too so havenít tried first hand yet!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £62.00
Above Goal: £7.00
Site Currency: GBP
113% 
June Donations

Advertise Here