!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Elvenhome  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Elvenhome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25842
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Elvenhome
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 07:03:29 pm »
Time for the next video showing me completing the garden.  I must confess I would quite like to live in the Vicarage with its garden now that it is all finished.  https://youtu.be/Ea8kEe3wgDk

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 08:48:50 pm »
 :wonderfulmodelling:

Cheers,

Chris
Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes I just sits.

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 07:35:18 am »
:wonderfulmodelling:

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks very much Chris

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 01:10:10 pm »
Having finished with gardening it is time for the May update on other things I have been doing around Elvenhome in including building a great kit from Mill Lane Sidings of a GWR coaling stage https://youtu.be/XG_phowIHlo

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 12:14:20 am »
I have just finished watching your video on the construction of the coaling stage and I wish to thank you as I have had one of these kits for some time and have been wary of starting it. I will make a couple of changes when I build mine though, I was a Driver at Didcot railway centre and have shovelled a few tons of coal on the stage there and there were no tracks on the stage, only a metal floor from wall to wall so that we could steer any of the coal hoppers to either of the drops which had a bit of angle iron on them to prevent people pushing them out of the side! I will also cut out part of the bracing so that the wagons can be seen from the loco loading side.

regards,

Alex

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:57 am »
I have just finished watching your video on the construction of the coaling stage and I wish to thank you as I have had one of these kits for some time and have been wary of starting it. I will make a couple of changes when I build mine though, I was a Driver at Didcot railway centre and have shovelled a few tons of coal on the stage there and there were no tracks on the stage, only a metal floor from wall to wall so that we could steer any of the coal hoppers to either of the drops which had a bit of angle iron on them to prevent people pushing them out of the side! I will also cut out part of the bracing so that the wagons can be seen from the loco loading side.

regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex
I am so pleased that my efforts have encouraged you to do your kit.  I had been a putting it off also, and part of the reason I changed my mind on videoing the build was I was so pleased how it went together once I started.  There is nothing like first hand knowledge to help with adapting a kit and I like the sounds of the change you are going to make  I didn't feel confident enough to start changing it, and my only very slight criticism of the kit was the absence of a floor to the front section and an opening through to  the coal wagons.  Good luck with the build

Regards

Stephen

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »
It is time to be bold, grab a q-tip and the t-cut and make a first attempt at renumbering an engine.  What could possibly go wrong? https://youtu.be/G7cAHpwgNzM

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »
In this the latest video on my YouTube channel I start out simply to dual the branch line up the incline.  I do do that eventually... https://youtu.be/DNBI_XLCOEc

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 12:15:12 pm »
I return to my new found skill as garden designer to complete the gardens for the Gardener and Sexton.  I also have a go at building a hillside off the layout to fit into the most inaccessible part of the layout.  I discover that the modelling gods left to their own devices can do a much better job than anything I could have attempted myself.
https://youtu.be/BCN3kSIGVGU

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2018, 01:38:25 pm »
Time for the June update dealing with work that I have been doing over the last month other than gardening and scenic work.  I also show my test for using Deluxe Ballast Magic, and a demonstration of a gimbal I  bought to use with my iPhone.  This last demonstration took me several goes over a couple of days to final record.  I have included some clips from the unsuccessful attempts for your amusement.

https://youtu.be/kHhAHx68jmU

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 04:36:23 pm »
Inthis video I show the results I have obtained using the Deluxe Materials Ballast Magic as my first attempt at ballasting.  I also have a look at the excellent Class B Tankers from RevolutioN Trains, a trio of which now grace my layout.  I also get my S&DJR liveried 3F Jinty to go to the aid of a S&DJR Fowler 4F which has slipped to a stand pulling the new tankers.  By the power of DCC they couple up and the double head the tankers of the main line.  Hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/UhdqcgazDC0

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »
Having completed some scenic work and recorded that section of the video I realised that I needed to do something which I keep on saying needed doing, plan the track layout for the high level station at High Elven.  Much to my surprise I actually did it.  I would be interested in any views others may have on the plan
https://youtu.be/fLJV9rjTNK4
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:36:04 pm by Elvenhome »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here