!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cemaes Bay  (Read 3290 times)

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cemaes Bay
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:42 am »
Thats a lovely little model. Looking forward to seeing it in its painted form.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Rowlie

• N Gauge Society Number: 20349
  • 2mm Association Number: 4846
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 06:49:43 pm »
A quick update on the weighbridge, I thought it was ok at normal viewing distances but having looked at the photo, not so sure  :hmmm:

Offline Jeremy Edwards

• N Gauge Society Number: 26830
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2017, 06:53:22 pm »
Looks pretty good to me.

Online Mito

• N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2017, 09:21:38 pm »
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »
The photograph looks good to me and it's about '0' gauge size on my screen!

Normal viewing distance is what matters.

It's a lovely model.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline PeteW

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 01:43:26 am »
Looks fine to me, too. You might try some black for the interior of the chimney pot, and maybe a mucky wash across the roof to pick out the tile detail but that's about all I could suggest to improve it.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:25 am »

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 11:15:26 pm »
The weighbridge has received a couple of washes and as I wanted to have flush glazing rather than clear plastic behind the window frame I have tried out Deluxe's Glue n Glaze for the glazing, rather pleased with the result. 

Now that it is ready for planting I need to get on with the layout.  The last couple of weekends I have been sorting out the shed.  The shed has had benches fitted and partly lined, so I am now able to leave the layout erected.  Work on the layout today has been to lay the underlay on board two, finishing off the goods yard hardstanding, next job is to lay and cut the track across the join. A new control panel is also required and this has necessitated removing some of the existing wiring from board 1.

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 11:18:55 pm »
The two boards have been joined and the track laid across the join, still need to get the hang on the soldering of the droppers to the track without causing too much melting of the sleepers.  :doh:

Wiring has been terminated into connection blocks ready for the control panel, the track plan has been drawn in PowerPoint, better get the panel built so layout testing can start.  The fiddle yard is short of two points which have gone into hiding in my stock of bits and pieces.  The head shunt come private siding will go into the factory area.

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50:45 pm »
Well managed to spend time working on the layout at the weekend.  Track was completed on board two, and the point motors fitted to the fiddle yard.  Having found an extra point (really must keep tabs on what I have in), the fiddle yard has four roads.  The right hand private siding will have a warehouse between it and the fiddle yard (also covering the point motors).

Of course being set in North Wales there should be a narrow gauge railway, so the factory will be served by a narrow gauge railway for raw materials, this will give me the opportunity to have an excuse to have this as a load either on the way to De Winton's of Caernarfon or on its way back.

Unfortunately the control panel only got as far as the board with the track diagram, for Cemaes Bay I am using mainly Peco switches, the other board is for the module I am building which is part of the Wrexham Area NGS group layout.  With luck I should get Cemaes Bay control panel operational next weekend.

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 08:28:40 am »
Iím not sure where September went, but the control panel didnít get finished the following weekend (TINGS won). No photos to show, the second board has been painted and all the board wiring has been done.  During my search for Peco switches in my railway drawers I found a lot of scenic items I had bought over the last few years and forgotten about, I think they were definite ďoh that might be usefulĒ buys..oops.  Well I have all the switches and so the control panel can get finished, hopefully soon (ish). 

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here