Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

It has arrived :claphappy:  :bounce:

Let's get the gripes out of the way first. The jewel case was a  :censored:  to open and I had to use a screwdriver to lever the top off the base resulting in minute damage. Why, oh why, can't the light option switches be accessible without removing the body? Cack handed folk like me are likely to damage something. Grrrrr >:(
Looks wise, it's a beauty and, being quite a hefty lump, should be good haulage wise.

Anyway, how did it run? It seemed to require an inordinate amount of throttle to move at half speed but maybe it will free up further with more running (I look forward to taking it to the club next week). Very smooth and quiet from the get go, down to a crawl straight from the box

10000 on test oval 21.3.24 by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

On this basis, I certainly look forward to my green 10001 when it arrives in country

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Revolution Trains Class 59/0 59002 [RT-N59-MR-002]

20240322_114032970_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

Timbo66

My new LMS twin, with a crew. Runs quite slowly, but very smoothly. I usually weather everytning. Holding off on this one, I don`t want to ruin the silver.

Adam1701D

Following a visit to Chirk last week, I had to bring a 59 home. Here's 59204 in National Power Blue. This is my favourite 59 livery and rather a shame it was short lived.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

pinball

I went for the ARC livery Dapol 59. Only had it a short amount of time, but runs nicely and the crawl is superb. Personally I think all 59s should be mustard in colour!

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on Yesterday at 01:56:32 PM
Quote from: pinball on Yesterday at 01:35:47 PMPersonally I think all 59s should be mustard in colour!

Keen on them, are you? ;)

He is not called 'Colonel' for nothing.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations