Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Mick
Think I've been there with a slipped disc mate, bed rest certainly helped. Unfortunately no one suggested Scotch as pain killer, but a call to the "vet" will be in order if doesn't ease up quickly.

Ray

daffy

Commiserations Mick. If, and I must stress the 'if', you have what is technically termed a prolapsed disc, I know just how you must be feeling. I've suffered with the misnomer of 'slipped disc' for decades. When it plagues me, as it surely will and sometimes for no good reason, I find a good anti-inflammatory painkiller - Ibuprofen is my current choice of over the counter drugs - and the direct application of an ice pack to the affected area, is the most judicious treatment.

I have never found heat treatments (i.e. Hot water bottles, pads etc) have any more than a temporary, even illusory benefit, whereas wrapping one of those freezer box packs in a tea-towel and sitting or lying with it exactly where it hurts, has a lasting benefit. (If you try this, don't keep it in one place for too long as you'll get skin-freeze!)

I also avoid immobility as much as possible, when possible, as in my experience at least it prevents the muscle spasms 'setting in'. Gentle exercise is the third weapon in my arsenal.

The Doc may be the first port of call if the pain and discomfort (even extreme pain at times for me) persists, but when I get a serious bout of back pain then I will always seek out on Osteopath.

But see the Doc soonest for a full and proper diagnosis.

And NO alchohol - it'll mess up the drugs and make you depressed! :sorrysign:

Get well soon! :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jack

I feel you pain @newportnobby  I'm with @daffy all the way on this one!

I'm seeing my osteopath later today having put my back out again a few days ago just by turning around in a chair!

Generally speaking, she won't see me until at least three days after the event of the back going and me taking ibuprofen. Something to do with the easing of muscle spasms before she works her 'magic'.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Bealman

How are you today buddy?

Concerned Bealman
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Thanks, All.
Bit of a sleepless night as I could not get comfortable and then the cat wouldn't wait for his breakfast this morning so up at 05.45 ::) Back to bed to watch the news and doze a while. It's quite painful to actually stand and walk initially but then, apart from a constant tugging pain in a band round my lower back, it's actually not so bad. I do take Anadin 'Back & Muscle' pain tablets or 'the little green workers' as I call them and the Ibuprofen in them helps a lot. I hope, with care, it will ease itself out with some gentle exercise. Saturday will be the next challenge as I need to drive to the supermarket for sustenance for both the cat and myself. I'll have a test in the cul-de-sac tomorrow.
My brother-in-law is a vet and he knows about my back issues. Often he has said my cat is OK but I need putting down :worried:

REGP

Glad to hear there's some improvement Mick.
Ray

David Asquith

You can't keep a good un down.  Hope you recover fully soon.

Dave

port perran

Best wishes.
Do take it easy though.
If you really find driving too painful get the supermarket to deliver. We can't have the cat going hungry now can we.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Malc

Made a mistake today. I ordered some clothes from M & S on line and went into the local store to pick them up. Normally a 5 min job. Not today. I joined a queue of about 8 people most of whom seemed to be returning their complete set of Christmas presents. About 30 mins later I got my goods.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malc

Quote from: Lindi on December 28, 2017, 08:01:46 PM
Quote from: Malc on December 28, 2017, 07:53:00 PM
Made a mistake today. I ordered some clothes from M & S on line and went into the local store to pick them up. Normally a 5 min job. Not today. I joined a queue of about 8 people most of whom seemed to be returning their complete set of Christmas presents. About 30 mins later I got my goods.

I also collected an order from M&S this afternoon (served straight away). In my local store they have a dedicated till that only does orders/collections. All returns have to go through the main tills
Our store also has a dedicated collection point, but it was shut and all collections were from the returns counters. Just as we were leaving, an assistant went along the now much longer queue and asked if anyone was just picking up orders. Typical.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

NinOz

Kangaroo kicked a big hole, about 500mmx100mm, in a lounge room window. :o
Blood in pools and bloody footprints so I hope it is still ok. :worried:

$300 to fix.

CFJ    :'(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

Oh dear! Yeah, they're not cheap to replace. Had a similar experience, but the culprit was a labrador.

I guess Skippy is now limpy!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Papyrus

We went down to the Ropetackle Arts Centre in Shoreham this evening to see one of our favourite Irish folk bands. Not a pleasant journey down, but you expect that in January. Went to the desk to pick up our tickets (ordered online, which we have done many times before) and they couldn't find them. Concern and puzzlement on our part. Fortunately, I found the email confirmation on my phone and showed it to the lady. She checked my account on her computer and asked who we had come to see. Lunasa, we said. Not tonight, said she, tonight it's Pee Wee Ellis Funk Ensemble! We were 5 days too early...  :doh: Retreat in confusion and embarrassment to a local hostelry for a swift half to make the journey worthwhile.

Still, at least the diary malfunction was in the right direction. If we'd been 5 days too late we'd have been gutted.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

That is definitely an 'oops' moment! Still, look on the bright side, you got your swift half and you can look forward to going all over again.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

ozzie Bill.

Chris, that is classic and I suspect that some of the replies will belong in the happy thread! Anyway, enjoy the concert and let's hope the journey is not so bad second time around!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations