Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

You worry too much Bob, Running your layout is always fun. It was a special events day on your railway , due to the amount of different stock that was running. Cake was needed just to keep going. :thankyousign: 
Tony .H

Bob Tidbury

Just recieved  a letter from Union Mills Models The Collet Goods is now ready it is being released in four liveries.
2242 green with Great Western on the tender.
3205 green wth GWR on the tender this one is preserved .
2294 in B R green with early crest on the tender.
2253  in B R green with early crest on the tender.
All come with the 3500 gallon tender and are £75 each plus P & P.@£3 for one  £4 for two ,next day is £6 .
Thats  two ordered for my Christmas present from all the family.
Ive got the.family well trained now ,no more handkerchiefs or socks but things that are usefull instead.
I think they will sell like hot cakes even though some members say there isnt enough detail on them so if you want them get your order in quick.
Bob Tidbury

violets49

Not sure a 'Collet Goods' would be too apropriate for the West Highlands or darkest Lanarkshire.  From what I've seen of 'Union mills' stuff, they are very basic. Not for me I'm afraid.  :(

Newportnobby

@Bob Tidbury
2 in early crest and no late crest version, Bob. Maybe a typo?
Wonder when we can see a pic of one.

Edit:- just seen 'Train Waiting's' post under Union Mills next model and there is no late crest version.
There is also a pic

Bob Pidgeon

I have just ordered 2294 which suits my era and is the only one of the four I saw in service.
I was told that 2253 is in fact in black with early crest

RMurphy195

Babysitting my 18-month old grandson the other day (two grandchildren in the last 18 months, isn't that great?)

So I walked into the living room, he looks up at me holding out the TV remote and blowing through his mouth - wanted to see an episode of Shaun the Sheep!

Explanation - he's fascinated when I whistle, peers at my mouth and tries to imitate, but all he can do is blow - which we had been a few days earlier in tune to the Shaun theme music. Now that's what I call communication skills!

PS apparently he calls me "gandad choo choo" because of my N gauge layout which fascinates him at present. When he arrives its his first port of call!

railsquid

The Squidlet could whistle at that age, but didn't start talking beyond a couple of words until relatively recently... It was a very long year full of pointing and gestures, he's 2.5 now, and is in full-on parrot mode, though he seems to be making up his own words too (mind you the poor little blighter does have two languages to cope with).

BoxTunnel

Went for a swift pint in my local yesterday and found I had won the lottery bonus ball.  Even better it was a rollover, so I left with eight quid in new plastic tenners in my back pocket, which was nice!  I will be ordering my DCC control system in the next few hours.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Newportnobby

Quote from: BoxTunnel on September 21, 2017, 08:00:17 PM
I left with eight quid in new plastic tenners in my back pocket

That's deflation for you these days

BoxTunnel

Quote from: newportnobby on September 21, 2017, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: BoxTunnel on September 21, 2017, 08:00:17 PM
I left with eight quid in new plastic tenners in my back pocket

That's deflation for you these days

Correction - eighty quid!  DCC controller on order...
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

JBQFC

after two years of trying Clare my wife has got herself a job  :claphappy:

austinbob

Quote from: JBQFC on September 29, 2017, 05:04:23 PM
Well done to Clare. Must say its nice to see the Happy thread pop up. It's been a while :thumbsup: :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dannyboy

Seconded. (On both points!). Tell her to have a  :beers: and you might as well join her.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on September 29, 2017, 05:04:23 PM

Very best wishes to Clare in her new post :beers:

stevewalker

After two years off through illness, waiting for operations and then recovery, my wife has decided that she is up to going back to work. She had two interviews on Tuesday (the first she's had for 11 years) and she was offered both positions by the end of the day  :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations