Trip to Scotland

Started by Roman Kochnowski, April 29, 2017, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman Kochnowski

Thanks a lot to all of you.But I have next question - as a books lover - could you tell me if  there are any other books about modelling Scottish Railways except Ian Futers works?

crewearpley40

mainly in libraries in England, I have a few odd photos, but there would be the issue of postage costs

but I would google railway book sellers in the uk and email them for what they could offer.

Lawrence

Quote from: Roman Kochnowski on May 01, 2017, 05:40:10 PM
Thanks a lot to all of you.But I have next question - as a books lover - could you tell me if  there are any other books about modelling Scottish Railways except Ian Futers works?

Anything in particular you are thinking of Roman, there are many short run books on smaller local lines available, if you give me some ideas I'll keep an eye out for some for you.

Roman Kochnowski

Thanks a lot.It is good that tomorrow we have in Poland national constitution day. And this means a day off work.I will be able to devote my time to  passionate reading.
with best wishes
Roman

crewearpley40

your very wecome

im happy to show you round parts of the north west of England roman, my old stomping ground and take a trip over the sceney of the cumbrian fells to the Scottish lowlands, into Glasgow  /edinburgh

DELETED

Oh my, I lived in Aberdeen for 4 years and it was just an awful part of the country (I am from the entral belt).  I moved away north od Aberdeen and won't go back unless it's under duress these days.   I'm impressed you like Aberdeen -but it will blow your mind if you can get visiting elsewhere, Aberdeen is not a particularly nice part of Scotland for me, particulary with the oil downturn. You should come-up Inverness way, or venture south down to the central belt.

I drive past Kyle to Skye often enough -I did the train trip recently and I thought it was over-rated but scot-rail didn't help much, much better-off doing it by car IMO.

I'm quite happy trekking folk round also.  I did 1,200miles last autumn up round John O'Groats etc and back to Inverness.  We did 300 miles across Applecross on the west coast a couple of weeks ago -but in my brothers Hilux which a 4x4 is right for that road.  I did some 300 miles round the central belt and Loch Katrine (Sir Walter Scott steamship last weekend).  Just the Clyde estuary and south / border I'm not so sure about these days. I wouldn't take a visitor to the UK near Aberdeen unless they wanted.  Best thing if you're staying in Aberdeen is to get out!

The Q

Oi I have two nieces who live in  Aberdeen..... and I've spent a few days there..

But yes there are many nicer places Like Inverness or anywhere out in the countryside, to and including the Hebridies.
I used to go to School on the Kyle line, the only thing good about going to school!!

The Central belt, I find is not so Nice, too many towns and cities. The only thing good about them is visitling historic buildings, monuments and Museums.
Oh and the Scottish Railway Preservation Society at Bo'ness.

crewearpley40

hope your reading went well

The Q

Quote from: crewearpley40 on April 30, 2017, 09:12:08 PM
yes my friend
steeped in history - bonnie prince charlie
You mean,

Charles Edward Louis John Casimir Sylvester Severino Maria Stuart

crewearpley40

broadsword

That's Bonnie Pimp Charlie's full name.

crewearpley40

hope all is well roman

Roman Kochnowski

Hi to All,again in Aberdeen. Super trip with 170 to Stonehaven and return with HST Northern Lights.This ride was too short.
Best Greetings
Roman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations