Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Sorry, Dave.
I've just been entertaining the neighbours with some Lynyrd Skynyrd and got carried away :headbang:

Tank

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 02, 2012, 08:23:01 PM
Out of interest, is it possible with this site to have the search bar perminantly displayed....

Illori has now put it back on the site.  We are going to make the 'Search' button black again, but in bold font so that can be found easily too.  Any objections?

davieb

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2012, 09:59:50 PM
Quote from: kaiwhara on December 02, 2012, 08:23:01 PM
Out of interest, is it possible with this site to have the search bar perminantly displayed....

Illori has now put it back on the site.  We are going to make the 'Search' button black again, but in bold font so that can be found easily too.  Any objections?

sounds good to me  :thumbsup:

:beers:

dave

Steve.T

I can only really agree with what has been said so far, in that this is a great forum and by far the friendliest I have ever been on. Whilst I been on some other great non railway related forums I would say on all of them you have to put up with some bitching and rudeness from time to time. Just seems to be what happens when you get a large number of people together with differing opinions. It shouldn't be like that as the idea is to have people with different ideas but to talk about them openly and embrace the differences.
Anyway this forum does all that and more.

If I were to have a slight niggle it is just in the way pictures are uploaded and what you have to do to add pictures to posts. Hopefully now I have mastered the way it is done but do find that it is a much more long winded way of doing it that on many other forums.

Steve
:thumbsup:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Tank

Thanks very much Steve.

Yes the software for the pictures is a good idea, but just isn't quite right.  When funds permit I'll look into changing it to integrate better.

:thankyousign:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on December 02, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
Sorry, Dave.
I've just been entertaining the neighbours with some Lynyrd Skynyrd and got carried away :headbang:

Just watched them do  'Last of a Dyin Breed' on their site. Brilliant stuff!  :D

Dave G

davidjhope

Hi Tank,
What do you think about having a link under our profile for info, pictures etc of our own layouts?
David

Tank

Quote from: davidjhope on December 03, 2012, 05:51:31 PM
Hi Tank,
What do you think about having a link under our profile for info, pictures etc of our own layouts?
David

Sounds good to me.  What you can do at the moment is set up 'Ultimate Profile' which is an advanced version of the normal profile.  You can put in your own pictures or text. 

Click my profile icon on the left to have a look at mine and think if it can be adapted to what you're thinking.  If not, let me know.

davidjhope

Quote from: Tank on December 03, 2012, 06:15:24 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on December 03, 2012, 05:51:31 PM
Hi Tank,
David

Sounds good to me.  What you can do at the moment is set up 'Ultimate Profile' which is an advanced version of the normal profile.  You can put in your own pictures or text. 

Click my profile icon on the left to have a look at mine and think if it can be adapted to what you're thinking.  If not, let me know.
That looks perfect. I've never seen peoples 'Ultimate Profiles' before.
Can you create your own headings to inclued 'My Layout'?
How do you create your own 'Ultimate Profile'?
Thanks
David

Tank

I need to write a tutorial about it, as I stupidly never explained it fully to people.  Click this link for the basics on setting it up.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3012.msg36989#msg36989

Caz

Quote from: Tank on December 03, 2012, 06:49:52 PM
I need to write a tutorial about it, as I stupidly never explained it fully to people.  Click this link for the basics on setting it up.

Errrrm, what link.   :-X
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Tank

davidjhope

kiwi1941

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PMIf you can give your views or possible improvements for the forum then I'd be very grateful

I wonder if it might be possible to offer the option of listing messages in reverse order i.e. most recent first, when reloading a previously read thread? This would be a great help to those of us condemned to rural dial-up, like me but not from choice, especially when there are lots of pictures posted in a thread.

HTH, Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Illori

you can set that option in your profile under look and layout  "Show most recent posts at the top."

that would apply to all threads not just ones you have read in the past.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations