The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo

I certainly agree with both the above about tv, another thing is, especially on documentaries, is that they will insist on repeating what we've already seen (re-cap) before the ad break then when it finally moves on with the subject it's almost time for more adverts!!  :veryangry:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Jimbo on January 12, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
I certainly agree with both the above about tv, another thing is, especially on documentaries, is that they will insist on repeating what we've already seen (re-cap) before the ad break then when it finally moves on with the subject it's almost time for more adverts!!  :veryangry:

The "Music" has forced Mrs "H" to view every programme with sub-titles :veryangry:

Don't ever go down the "Kodi" road. It is a brilliant for us Ex pats deprived of UK TV as you can watch almost any programme, HOWEVER if you pause ,for phone calls get a drink or wood for the fire a really "helpful" programme description is displayed outlining the plot including twists etc that you may not have seen yet!!!  Luckily Mrs "H" has difficulty reading small text.
Rant over...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Oh dear. You've got me started too.
Does anyone else agree with my opinion  a sound engineer just doesn't exist any more? Back in the days of British Transport Films pride was taken in cinematography and sound, but now I find myself constantly adjusting sound levels. I've known for years American films need a higher volume but I find I have to turn down music, turn up speech and generally adjust the TV volume every time I change channel. I firmly believe there are no sound engineers any more, especially as many programmes are not actually made by the TV companies but bought in at exorbitant cost.
As far as most comedy shows go, if someone held up a board saying "Cheer" I'd hold one up saying "Why?". I'm sure they're not watching the same show I am :no:
Commercial programmes are now an hour of adverts interrupted by bits of e.g. Midsomer Murders.
'Nuff said :veryangry:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on January 12, 2017, 10:47:04 AM
Does anyone else agree with my opinion  a sound engineer just doesn't exist any more? Back in the days of British Transport Films pride was taken in cinematography and sound, but now I find myself constantly adjusting sound levels. I've known for years American films need a higher volume but I find I have to turn down music, turn up speech and generally adjust the TV volume every time I change channel. I firmly believe there are no sound engineers any more, especially as many programmes are not actually made by the TV companies but bought in at exorbitant cost.
As far as most comedy shows go, if someone held up a board saying "Cheer" I'd hold one up saying "Why?". I'm sure they're not watching the same show I am :no:
Commercial programmes are now an hour of adverts interrupted by bits of e.g. Midsomer Murders.

Oooooooooh grumpy today we are 😱

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on January 12, 2017, 10:51:55 AM

This is the Angry Thread, dear boy. What would be the point of posting summat happy in here? :P

austinbob

Ah!! but posting something happy in the Angry thread might make someone angry NN.
:hmmm:
And then they can post their anger in the angry thread... :no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Oh heck!  :worried:

Does that mean there's going to be a Really Furious thread soon? 

Can't find my coat so I'm going back under the layout.

Dave G

Snowwolflair

Quote from: daveg on January 12, 2017, 11:14:36 AM

Dave G

No that's the Dapol quality control thread  :D

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: scotsoft on January 12, 2017, 10:51:55 AM

Speak up can you the adverts are on!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daffy

You can always tell when the adverts come on - THEY ARE ALWAYS LOUDER THAN THE PROGRAMME!, or so it seems.  And what is it these days with the voices they use? Is there some special school the actors go to where they learn to talk to us as if we are all stupid? I blame Cilit Bang.

Edit: seems I'm not alone @Jerry Howlett
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jimbo

Quote from: daffy on January 12, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

You can always tell when the adverts come on - THEY ARE ALWAYS LOUDER THAN THE PROGRAMME!, or so it seems.  And what is it these days with the voices they use? Is there some special school the actors go to where they learn to talk to us as if we are all stupid? I blame Cilit Bang.

Edit: seems I'm not alone @Jerry Howlett

Agree with both of you!!  :veryangry:
'Keep it country!'

Jimbo

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 12, 2017, 11:16:18 AM
Quote from: daveg on January 12, 2017, 11:14:36 AM

Dave G

No that's the Dapol quality control thread  :D

:laughabovepost: oops! Sorry! Angry thread..... :veryangry:
'Keep it country!'

Mito

Quote from: austinbob on January 12, 2017, 11:06:59 AM
Ah!! but posting something happy in the Angry thread might make someone angry NN.
:hmmm:
And then they can post their anger in the angry thread... :no:

And then they could post on the Happy thread that they'd posted in the Angry thread and felt much better now and were back on the rails again. :P
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Snowwolflair

Quote from: austinbob on January 12, 2017, 09:39:09 PM
And then.........
:)

Then we create an EMO thread for those modeling Southern Trains. :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP