The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jimbo on March 02, 2017, 10:25:21 AM
why won't my bangers sit in the frying pan how I want them to!!!!??!!  :veryangry: STAY UPRIGHT!!!  :censored:

You trying to fry them on their ends?? ??? :laugh3:

Jimbo

Quote from: newportnobby on March 02, 2017, 02:10:07 PM
why won't my bangers sit in the frying pan how I want them to!!!!??!!  :veryangry: STAY UPRIGHT!!!  :censored:

I knew someone would say that!  :uneasy:, they were rolling around and kept going back onto the bit that was already burnt!....Slippery little wotsits! I had to put one against the lip of the pan then prop the others up against it in the end to get the bit done that wasn't cooked... :D
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

Sounds like your pan has a wonky base or your cooker does. Suggest you replace both immediately.
KERCHING! ££££££

Jimbo

Wot a wonky world I live in..... :laugh3:...oops!....sorry!... :veryangry:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 02, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
Is the problem due to round sausages or curved sausages ?

MICK, sorry to here about your hacking but glad it is all sorted.

:offtopicsign: But I bought some German sausages here in error, wurst mistake I have made this week.

Also got the UK card hacked a few years back here. The thieves broke into the local supermarket and installed software to hack cards.  Clever **** my card was "used" in Rome and Paris on the same evening!!  HSBC were brilliant.

Jerry
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daffy

Quote from: Jimbo on March 02, 2017, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on March 02, 2017, 02:10:07 PM

I knew someone would say that!  :uneasy:, they were rolling around and kept going back onto the bit that was already burnt!....Slippery little wotsits! I had to put one against the lip of the pan then prop the others up against it in the end to get the bit done that wasn't cooked... :D

I solved this issue many years ago, or rather MBH did as we strived for a healthier approach to eating our favourite sausages (they being the healthiest, purest form of meat on the planet ;) ). All sausages are now cooked in the oven.

It stops all the spitting and rolling around the troublesome blighters indulge in, they cook evenly, you can stick the timer on and go watch the TV, the cooker hob doesn't get spattered in fat/oil, and you can't here them scream. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

On the subject of healthy eating I haven't fried anything in years, especially since the triple by pass last year :no:
It's easier and much less messy to grill sausages and bacon, I poach eggs and tomatoes come out of a tin via a saucepan, as do mushrooms. Fried bread is just a no-no :'(

Malc

I had the opposite problem with the bank blocking my credit card when I was abroad and bought some airline tickets. Phone them up and before they would speak to me wanted to know things like how many direct debits I had, what was the current balance etc. Since I was in a hotel at the time, the call cost a fortune and was pointless. I had to wait until I could use a PC at work to check my balance etc. They said that it was a popular way to generate cash by booking flights and cancelling them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Ian Bowden

My account was frozen due to suspicious activity. It was a lens cap purchased from China for £1.50

daffy

Quote from: Ian Bowden on March 03, 2017, 12:47:13 PM
My account was frozen due to suspicious activity. It was a lens cap purchased from China for £1.50

When my card was cloned the issuers said that the first amount is usually a small one to test it without drawing attention to the sale. Bigger purchases follow. But the banks are wise to it now and look for odd transactions like the one you describe.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

stevewalker

I paid for parking at Manchester airport on my debit card, bought something in WHSmiths in the airport, paid for hotel and meal in Holland and on refilling the hire car (that a colleague had paid for) round the corner from Dusseldorf airport had my card declined. Luckily I had a credit card to hand. If I'd been on my own and without a backup card, I'd have been stranded in Germany, unable to pay for fuel that I'd already put in the hire car and late for my flight. It took a long phonecall and a couple of hours before my card was working again  >:(

RailGooner

Quote from: daffy on March 03, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Quote from: Ian Bowden on March 03, 2017, 12:47:13 PM

When my card was cloned the issuers said that the first amount is usually a small one to test it without drawing attention to the sale. Bigger purchases follow. But the banks are wise to it now and look for odd transactions like the one you describe.

Which is fine, until you want to buy a £1.50 lens cap from China. :D

paulprice

Not happy.

Had a little bump in the car last night, smells a little fishy to me...........

Sprintex

Because of the plaice where it happened? ;)

Paul

daffy

Cod forbid you haddock bad one Paul. :(. Hope you are not injured.

By fishy, do you mean you think it's one of those insurance fraud attempts? The insurers are pretty good at detecting those these days.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations