Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

Quote from: Sprintex on July 31, 2012, 10:10:49 PM
All comments on the cake have been passed to the chef, and no, you can't all have one cos it took her ages  ;D

Paul

But its not my birthday till March  :smiley-laughing: :evil: :smiley-laughing:

Marty

scotsoft

You are a lucky man Paul to have such a talented wife  :thumbsup:

It does not matter her arithmetic skills are not up to scratch  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

Happy Birthday - John.

Pete Mc

Mines in two weeks.Is that enough time?

Guess I'll have to buy me own,as usual!

Can't even go out for some beer cos I'm on early's all week.Only thing to look forward to is the impending Dapol class 56 I have on pre order from Rail's.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Trainfish

My birthday on the 17th, can you ask her to do a class 50 for me please? Thanks.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

longbridge

My Birthday is in two days time but I think I will only get a jam and cream scone or something  :sleep:  no problem Friday/Birthday is also pension day so I can buy my self a present  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: when you get to 69 you don't care about Birthdays any more :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 01, 2012, 09:27:33 AM
My Birthday is in two days time but I think I will only get a jam and cream scone or something  :sleep:  no problem Friday/Birthday is also pension day so I can buy my self a present  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: when you get to 69 you don't care about Birthdays any more :smiley-laughing:

Bl@#dy h#ll Dave how many birthdays are you having this year....? :o
Only seems like last week we were saying happy birthday for the last one..... ;D

longbridge

Quote from: Dock Shunter on August 01, 2012, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: oldrailbug on August 01, 2012, 09:27:33 AM

Bl@#dy h#ll Dave how many birthdays are you having this year....? :o
Only seems like last week we were saying happy birthday for the last one..... ;D

Yeah I know Dock and it only seems like a few weeks ago that we were wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, I dunno mate the older we get the faster time seems to fly, scary.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Caz

And now for something completely different (birthdays depress me as they're going by far too fast).

Sent my Peco Collett 0-6-0 back to Peco 10 days ago for repair/replacement to the little connector that connects the tender to the loco as the wires had broken (probably taken it apart too many time!).   It was the first loco I bought when I started the layout and it was soon after they came out as at the time I knew nothing about DCC and thought as it was ready fitted would be an easy introduction.

Anyway, I digress,  it came back today all repaired at no charge (who's a happy bunny), it even cost them over £7.00 in postage, that's what I call good service.  :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

K-N-Gauge

Iv heard a few stories of people sending there colletts for repairs out of warranty and this still don't charge them! Good old peco :) wish there where more loco's in the pipeline from them, but sadly not :( lol worth every penny though :)

EddieA

Quote from: K-N-Gauge on August 01, 2012, 03:45:08 PM
Iv heard a few stories of people sending there colletts for repairs out of warranty and this still don't charge them! Good old peco :) wish there where more loco's in the pipeline from them, but sadly not :( lol worth every penny though :)

I agree about Peco locos. I have two of the original Jubilees which were stored for around 10 years whilst other family things meant I couldn't use them. Took them out of the boxes recently and popped them onto a length of track, cracked open the power and off they went! (as did the Minitrix locos, steam and diesel).

My Grafar/Farish locos were a different story! They needed a total strip down, clean and oil before they would even think of moving a wheel.

OK maybe not fair on Farish, as how many items would work perfectly after 10 years of in-activity?

But  :wave: to Peco and Minitrix!

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

MinZaPint

Quote from: EddieA on August 01, 2012, 08:02:12 PM

My Grafar/Farish locos were a different story! They needed a total strip down, clean and oil before they would even think of moving a wheel.

OK maybe not fair on Farish, as how many items would work perfectly after 10 years of in-activity?

My over 30 year old Poole GF locos have all worked perfectly from storage, I did oil them first! before I oiled myself !!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

longbridge

No lovely cake with a diesel on it but I didn't do to bad, a few friends and myself get together for a jam session every Thursday and they organized something special for my Birthday.

Here they are two beautiful Cheese Cakes, one Vanilla and one Lemon.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

galway

Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Newportnobby

Cheese?.......................Cake?

I've seen the future ;)

Wished you a Happy B'day in another thread but cop for it again :smiley-laughing:
Have a great day :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations