The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I got home from work yesterday to see a small parcel sitting on top of the electric cupboard outside in full view of anyone walking past. Don't you just love "Signed for delivery"? I just checked the tracking number and it says it's being progressed through the delivery network!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Sprintex

I'd complain to your Delivery Office Manager about that, signed for is meant to MEAN signed for!  :no:

Paul

Calnefoxile

Bl00dy BT....... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

About a week ago, I thought I'd ask BT about their Infinity service which was enabled on my Exchange at the end of December 2011, and here we are near the end of September 2012 and I'm still not on Inifnity.

If I use the BT ADSL Checker it tells me that I can get 7.5-8.0Mb. Yes I know that, thats what I'm using already......... :( :(

So I check BTOpenreach's own page's and they inform me that my Exchange has been enabled for Infinity and is taking orders, so off I go to BT Retail and try and order Infinity.

"Oh No sir, you can't have Inifinity yet. Your line hasn't been enabled" Says BT Retail.
"But BT Openreach says the Exchange has been enabled, and you are taking orders" says I.
"But not for your line we're not sir" Says BT Retail, "Maybe your Cabinet hasn't been enabled yet?"
"Well can you find out for me please??" Says I
"Oh no sir, thats BT Openreach's department sir" Says BT Retail.
"Ok" Says I "Can I have the number for BT Openreach, please?? As I can't seem to find any information on their website"

I then try the number given and select Option 2 for Broadband, the phone rings 2 or 3 times and then I get cutoff  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

I ring BT Retail back:
"That number that one of your colleagues gave me, everytime I select Option 2 I get cut off."
"Oh dear sir" Says BT Retail "What would you like to know from BT Openreach sir"

I stare at the phone in utter disbelief, can this person seriously be asking me why I would want to be ringing BT Openreach, so I go through the whole sorry saga of me not being able to or knowing when I will be getting Infinity (thats all I want to know is WHEN!!!!!)

"Ok sir, I suggest you try BT Wholesale, they are the ones who supply the likes of Sky, Talk Talk etc. They should be able to tell you when your Cabinet is going to be upgraded." Says BT Retail.
"Ok" Says I "Can I have their number then please??"
"Oh no" says BT Retail "They don't speak to the Genenral Public, you'll have to email them"

So I duly Email BT Wholesale, asking when I'll be getting Infinity. A day or so later I get an email back, so I exicitedly open the email and start to read, it starts off with the reasons why some of my friends have Infinity and I don't (fair enough I think their lucky, their cabs have been done and mine hsan't just yet). It then drops the bombshell..... A better way to see if and when fibre will be installed in your cabinet is to search with your phone number instead of the postcode. You can search on the ADSL checker on google with your phone number which will show you if and when fibre is planned for your cabinet.   ??? ??? Isn't this what I did before I rang BT Retail a week ago!!!!

So I email back, saying, exactly that, "I've done that and it doesn't tell me, all I want to know is when am I getting Infinity", back comes another email I've copied their reply in full, enjoy!!!!!

Hi Neal,

I'm sorry that I can't provide any more information than what I have below. This is the only information we have to access to which is published to the public via the internet

It could be that your cab is enabled but there is still some work going on in the background to enable this to go live

We are a wholesaler and actually wholesale broadband to Communication Providers like BT Retail, Talk Talk etc

I would have to refer you back to BT Retail and they can query this on your behalf

Failing that I could only suggest contacting Openreach direct.

Regards

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH  ??? :veryangry: ??? :veryangry: ??? :veryangry: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Sorry for the length of this diatribe, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Cheers

Neal.

P.S. At least Leicester beat Hull today to lighten my mood  :claphappy: :claphappy:

EtchedPixels

Not atypical. Switch broadband provider and they'll deal with the BT wholesale instead . Plus if you inform them you plan to change providers the quality of customer service magically increases whether you do or not.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Malc

When I started as a Systems Integrator, I had Blue Yonder dial up. I was sending large Autocad drawings to customers and it was taking ages. I contacted Birmingham Cable and asked about their cable broadband, only to be told it would be over a year away. Hence I went to BT. 2weeks later BC sent me a letter saying they were upgrading my cable to digital and needed to change my tv box, did I want to upgrade my broadband?  :veryangry:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

Quote from: Malc on September 23, 2012, 07:36:27 PM
When I started as a Systems Integrator, I had Blue Yonder dial up. I was sending large Autocad drawings to customers and it was taking ages. I contacted Birmingham Cable and asked about their cable broadband, only to be told it would be over a year away. Hence I went to BT. 2weeks later BC sent me a letter saying they were upgrading my cable to digital and needed to change my tv box, did I want to upgrade my broadband?  :veryangry:

That is not a company issue, that is just "Sods Law" at work  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Malc

Yes, I agree, but what hosed me off was the website said my postcode had digital, but customer services said it didn't and I foolishly believed them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Malc on September 23, 2012, 08:16:57 PM
Yes, I agree, but what hosed me off was the website said my postcode had digital, but customer services said it didn't and I foolishly believed them.

One of the problems is that postcodes don't *actually* tell you whether you have a suitable link or the like. That's on a per line basis and in some locations its quite possible half a postcode does.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

I have just had a secondhand (eBay) Digital Video Recording unit delivered to me at work.  It's a Dedicated Micros Sprite 2, and records CCTV.  I bought it on the 6th, and I've already sent two messages to the seller asking where it is.   They never responded.  Before this they were really good at answering questions.   ::)

I was relieved to see it this morning when I got to work, and was happy when I saw that it was in its original box.  When I opened the box I saw that it was loose.  No bubble wrap or anything!  The unit is scratched all over the front. :doh:  Why are people so stupid as to not put a couple of layers of bubble wrap around it?!  This is a very expensive bit of kit, and they've just chucked it in a box and posted it.... :veryangry:

scotsoft

I don't know what is happening on eBay with some sellers.

I have been buying from eBay for years and never had any problems, I've had to return items and was given a refund or they were broken and was told to keep it and was given a refund.

I am now on my third case this year against sellers, I won the first two and have no reason to assume I will not win this one.

They just stop replying to messages, the latest one is only for a Del Prado Adler loco and coaches which have not appeared.

I will most likely never be able to afford the Adler as they go for crazy money so buying the Del Prado seemed to be the next best thing.

The cost is just over £6 including p&p so I cannot understand why people are willing to have negative feedback left for that small amount of money  :veryangry:

Mr.Grumpy

Not found a house yet.

Thought I had my dream house yesterday but then I wasn't quick enough to sign for the damn thing. It had so much space too!

Later on yesterday I got news that 1) my grandad has skin cancer then during that call my mother learnt that friends dad had died (text during the call).

Work is stressful with people mocking my slow recovery from illness.

So I am pretty much completely spent  I've not laid a single piece of track in 3 weeks.

My grandad will probably be fine. I'm alright at what I do so work will be okay and when I find my place I will gat dam work on my postponed layout. Am I angry? I guess a little angry at all my crappyday buses coming on the same day.

So that's the excuse for my absence NGF, I'll be back.
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang;

I have a pretty trivial one in the big scheme of things...Here goes;

A few weeks ago, whilst I was out of the country a friend purchased a couple of FNAs for me.  He duly handed them over in exchange for hard cash last week.  I then proceeded this morning to unpack them to remove the awful top numbers.  Duly admiring my Brasso handiwork, I then noticed that one of the FNAs was missing both buffers on one end.  Quick search of box, bench & floor proved fruitless....so a quick e-mail to BAchmann service dep asking for a couple of buffers as they obviously hadn't been fitted and I am sans receipt and many miles from shop.

Bachmann's reply was that they have no rolling stock spares and to return it to the shop for replacement or refund. Now I cannot do that as I now have no receipt and 'damaged' goods.  My rant is that if I did return it to the dealer, he would swap it, return the offender to Bachmann for replacement or dealer credit and Bachmann would have an incomplete FNA on their shelf.  Now, if the nice me at the service department had just given me a couple of buffers, perhaps off a stock item, then the same result would ensue.

Unfortunately, Bachmann have washed their hands of it and I now need to talk to Bernard Taylor nicely for a pair of Oval Buffers for my FNA.

Like I said....trivial....but Bachmann have disappointed me today!!!

Later;
STU from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Newportnobby

As they used to say in 'Viz' - FNA FNA

Having spent many years in Sales & Customer Service, I have always gone out of my way to ensure customers were happy. It takes years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it. I think Bachmann have shot themselves in the foot here and should have gone the extra mile rather than hiding behind any excuse not to help :thumbsdown:

longbridge

I love reading this section every now and then it makes me realize that life is not all that bad  :doh: :doh: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bad Raven

Rant Time........... Currently, I am trying:-

1. To buy something costing near four figures from the sole manufacturing UK direct seller, this being their prime product.

2. To rent a hall several times, a hall that the controlling person said he is keen to earn rental income from.

In both cases communication by Phone rings out, Voicemail and Email goes unanswered for a week or more, and even when I do get a reply it is only a partial answer.

For example, to buy item one, I needed a total cost inc delivery simply to be able to get authorisation and pay, easy enough?  They are direct retail sellers of what they make, I want to be a buyer, cash or any monetary system they like short of slavery, how hard is that???

BUT..... it took two weeks to get a seemingly grudging partial answer of a price per unit, when right from the start I'd asked for costs for a specific number of units and any delivery costs for that amount.

OK, so I can add, BUT they show THREE DIFFERING per batch multiples across Email, Website, etc. 

A further week plus, and more prompts, I finally get honoured with the delivery cost.

On item 2, the hall hire has been going on for months, so that two dates I wanted have passed, and while I finally got the info out of him, it's now too late for a third date to go ahead.

Neither have ever acknowledged any contact until I have managed to pin them down directly, when I get an apology, a promise of action, and then little or no progress results.

Do we not DO business any more in this country??    :veryangry: :veryangry:
Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations