!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 412642 times)

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5700 on: April 08, 2018, 07:54:28 am »
That's got to be annoying!

My old B&D hammer drill must be 40 odd years old, weighs a ton and still does a good job.

It also carries a part and serial number label that states 'Made in England'.

Them was the days!

Dave G

Offline CaleyDave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5701 on: May 28, 2018, 08:31:59 pm »
After a few false starts getting together a group of people, I Made the mistake of leaving buying tickets for a rail tour up to someone who, despite planning on going, was less enthusiastic than I was.

Its now Sold out and said other didn't buy any tickets a fact I didn't find out until after it sold out.

But its alright, I am told, they did the route before...  :veryangry:

Online Intercity

• Awards
« Reply #5702 on: June 22, 2018, 04:50:34 pm »
Wifey had a guest over and proceeded to show him the house, including the train room(s), made me pretty annoyed, I donít like people I donít know going into the layout room especially with how much we pay for these things.

The guest then mentioned he ďlikesĒ train too, and enjoys playing with trains, I told him they are not toys no matter what people think, and we donít ďplayĒ trains, we create layouts and operate trains on them.

His choice of words and how he perceived the hobby made me quite angry (but as he was my wifeís guest I had to bottle it up and went outside to mow the grass, that took 2hrs)

Yes, Iím protective of my train stuff!!!!
Support crowdfunding - itís the way forward

Revolutions class 321 needs your help, letís make it happen.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5703 on: June 22, 2018, 07:02:59 pm »
I know how you feel wherever I worked people used to make fun of me
( playing ) with toy trains I just told them that you have to have lots of different skills to build and operate a MODEL RAILWAY and they are NOT TOYS but scale models and if they tried to build a layout then they might appreciate the work involved . I love showing my efforts to people ,but like you only to those that I know through the Forum or a Club.
Bob Tidbury

Offline silly moo

• N Gauge Society Number: 28102
    • Awards
« Reply #5704 on: June 22, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
As a female modeller people are usually intrigued by my hobby. I gave up worriying about what other people say and think years ago.

My children used to be embarrassed by my hobby when they were teenagers but when their friends came round and said my layout was Ďcoolí everything was ok.

Offline Ditape

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25087
    • Awards
« Reply #5705 on: June 26, 2018, 01:05:01 pm »
After receiving 2 separate orders from Track Shack on the Isle of Man I am still waiting for delivery of a similar order, placed before either Track Shack order, from Cheltenham Model Centre via Amazon ( I had a gift card to use ) Cheltenham is only 40 minutes by car up the road I could have walked and got my order quicker.
Diane Tape

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #5706 on: June 26, 2018, 11:29:58 pm »
I ordered some computer parts the other week and asked for them to be upgraded to be delivered by the Friday or Saturday, so that I had the weekend to set things up. They didn't arrive. On the Tuesday I received a card that they'd tried to deliver and it could be picked up from Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I would not be available during opening hours from Wednesday until Saturday, so I spoke to them and they were very helpful, contacting the driver and getting him to drop it in 10 minutes later. Then I found out why they were so cooperative Ö it'd been posted on Thursday, special delivery - guaranteed 24hrs!!!

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #5707 on: June 29, 2018, 08:13:31 am »
Mrs Bealman came out of the gym last week to find this on our car.

$3000 and two weeks to get fixed. Two new doors required.  :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #5708 on: June 29, 2018, 08:20:49 am »
Argh!

That's happened to me and I suspect loads of others, too.

Total ratbags those that can damaged someone else's property and not have the guts to own up.  >:D

Dave G

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #5709 on: June 29, 2018, 12:49:37 pm »
It happened to me years ago. I drove to Manchester Piccadilly station to pick up my parents. I was there about 10 minutes and when we got back to the car, the rear, nearside, passenger door was caved in. I'd only had the car a fortnight!

What made it worse was when, the next day, I had a sudden thought ... the area was covered by CCTV!

I phoned British Transport Police and was told that the cameras had been out of action for weeks. I am certain to this day that the cameras were working, but they couldn't be bothered reviewing the tapes :(

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #5710 on: June 30, 2018, 12:43:55 am »
Yeah, there are cameras where my wife was parked, but we were told the same thing.  >:(

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #5711 on: June 30, 2018, 02:10:26 am »
Gah, parents. Mine seem determined to come to Japan in autumn to see the Squidlet, which is understandable, however as both I and Mrs Squid have made clear to them twice, it's not practical at that time for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that some of us have a job and are not made of vacation.

So what do I wake up to - something to the effect "Hi, Airline X has a special offer on until Monday, we're comng for two weeks, if we can't stay with you we'll book somewhere nearby". Which is funny in itself, as there is nowhere "nearby" they can book. Gaah. :censored:
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #5712 on: June 30, 2018, 03:40:14 am »
Argh!

That's happened to me and I suspect loads of others, too.

Total ratbags those that can damaged someone else's property and not have the guts to own up.  >:D

I once saw someone reverse into a parked car, leaving damage, and drive off, fortunately I had a pen and paper and left a note on the damaged car's windscreen with pertinent details, seems it was enough for the police in the locale to take some sort of action and I got a message from the owner thanking me.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #5713 on: June 30, 2018, 03:55:07 am »
That's certainly a good deed, Ian! No such luck here, though, unfortunately.

Offline zopadooper

• Awards
« Reply #5714 on: June 30, 2018, 08:49:19 am »
Gah, parents. Mine seem determined to come to Japan in autumn to see the Squidlet, which is understandable, however as both I and Mrs Squid have made clear to them twice, it's not practical at that time for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that some of us have a job and are not made of vacation.

So what do I wake up to - something to the effect "Hi, Airline X has a special offer on until Monday, we're comng for two weeks, if we can't stay with you we'll book somewhere nearby". Which is funny in itself, as there is nowhere "nearby" they can book. Gaah. :censored:

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration just remember that your parents are getting older and won't be around for ever so why not try and enjoy them while you have got them and let them have the pleasure of seeing Squidet for a couple of weeks.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here