Schoolies week

Started by Bealman, November 04, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Bealman

Just saw some new stuff on Channel 9 news Australia showing two kids, male and female, standing on a ledge of a hotel, 30 odd stories up above the street on the Gold Coast.

I won't post a link to such ridiculous behaviour.

Let's see how many casualties this year.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

One to start with....

Teenager fell off a balcony today.

Dead.

weave

Hi George,

Was going to give a 'thank you' but thought inappropriate. Really sad.

I did some stupid things in my youth, we all did I'm sure. When one is Ciderman you think you're invincible.

I did nearly fall off a 5th floor balcony in Spain once, aged 17, but was just sitting on the outer wall bit as not enough chairs. Started to fall backwards and a mate dived onto my feet bringing me upright again. I was banned from the balcony unless I sat on a chair by the room door.

Probably saved my life many times as stopped me from ever thinking about doing anything on a ledge or near a big drop, sober or under the influence.

Great shame.

Cheers weave (no beers)

grumbeast

Absolutely tragic :(

have a few more years before I have to worry about my Daughter, but thankfully she's dedicated to dance and they tend to be serious types who hate risk of injury.  Can't imagine what the poor kids parents are going through

1936ace

Ah yes schoolies. What a fun time it was even if it was 30 yrs ago.
Still have the photos somewhere
And of course I was very responsible
We stayed at a place was basically set up to house schoolies in mass numbers,  it's now a family resort haha

Bealman

Thread bump.

Ah well, here we go again.... schoolies week 2019.

According to the the news, 18,000 kids have turned up at the Gold Coast.

Here we go, here we go, here we go.......

chrism

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 06, 2018, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on November 06, 2018, 10:47:36 AM
Mad dash to the windows ensued and total loss of control by the teacher. This occurred several times over the weeks as they were filming some of the 'Battle of Britain' film at Sywell Airport just a few miles away :D Heady stuff for us, seeing all these warplanes in the flesh!

*Puts on nerd hat*

Of course they were Spanish MEs as at the time of filming very few / if any actual airworthy Luftwaffe 109s were available.

*Takes off nerd hat*

*Picks up nerd hat*

And those Spanish Hispano Aviación HA-1112 M1L 'Buchon's done up to look like Bf109E's were all Merlin powered, as were the "Heinkel 111s" (CASA 2.111s) and, of course, the British fighters.
In fact, there weren't many aircraft in the film that weren't Merlin powered.

*Takes off nerd hat*

Bealman

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Superb knowledge sir!

Though I do wonder if that knowledge will earn either of us a cold-one from the lovely youngsters flooding the Gold Coast...

Skyline2uk

weave

Hi George,

Keep us up to date with Darwin's 'Thinning Out of the Reckless and Downright Bloody Stupid' theory toll. Hope it'll be zero but that's life (or not  :().

Good luck party goers. Rave on but stay safe.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Newportnobby

Time to post this repeat. Ever resourceful, these Aussies :D

railsquid

Feeling a bit flushed in the heat? Interesting idea though, let's see how it pans out.

chrism

Some nitwit's put two dunnies in here.

No - one dunny, one barbie.

:D

TrevL

Out of interest George,  how do the school holidays work over in Oz.  As you may recall, over here we have a couple of weeks at Easter, all of August plus a bit either end  (6 weeks), then a couple of weeks for Christmas.  But summer coinsides with Christmas at your end, do they get 8 weeks then?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations