Revolution Trains new models and reruns.

Started by Caz, September 06, 2018, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

In case you haven't noticed the new banner, Revolution are announcing 5 new models and reruns on Saturday exclusively on the N Gauge Fourm at 0900 hrs.

Wonder what they are?

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

robert shrives

Woo, Froth boilers to max Scotty ...! 

Well to TINGS you must come, £10.50  on the door , free carpark lovely restaurant, al that is good and even better in N gauge, Bob Tilbury thrown in for free stand 44 and Mike&Ben stand 16 for starters!!

Probably a grumpy queue welcome host !! to put up with and the chance to spend, spend and learn about new models from  Ben and others around the hall.

see you there
Robert

I guess we will see some great new modern image and perhaps a long life loco from Revolution 

GroupC

Exciting news, I'm guessing that one of the reruns may let us all have another cup of TEA perhaps.

New models... hmmm, didn't they venture into OO with the TEAs as well? In that case, as they already have the tooling and have started thinking outside the "N"velope*, it's obviously going to be a Gauge 1 11-car Pendolino. An easy scale-up job with loads of sales potential.

I'd still like an APT-E though.

* - I've just thought of that which I think is quite a clever little play on words and letters, and am copyrighting it. So hands off.

Ben A

Hi all,

Everything we are offering this weekend is N.

But as ever, with two exceptions where we will have painted samples of all new models, these are just being offered up as suggestions and will only happen if enough people step forward and decide to order.

If the market does not speak, we cannot listen!

Cheers

Ben A.

Skyline2uk

The new motorised one has me completely stumped.

This and the other 4 models have wallet on defcon 2.

Skyline2uk

jpendle

I think we can discount steam or modernisation plan or pre-grouping diesels.

What's left. Anything Electric beginning with 8x, apart from the 86. A Cl90, or perhaps an IEP to provide the Pendo with some competition!

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

NGS-PO

I'm hanging my coat on a peg marked Class 28. (I'd like it to be Falcon, but I don't see it.)

I think I read elsewhere that it would be a transition-era powered model? I may have that wrong, however because I can't find it now.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: NGS-PO on September 07, 2018, 08:28:18 AM
I'm hanging my coat on a peg marked Class 28. (I'd like it to be Falcon, but I don't see it.)

I think I read elsewhere that it would be a transition-era powered model? I may have that wrong, however because I can't find it now.

I read that too, also can't remember where now.

Class 28 would be rule 1 for me, but I do like the prototype.

Skyline2uk

NGS-PO

Quote from: Skyline2uk on September 07, 2018, 08:37:17 AM

I read that too, also can't remember where now.

Class 28 would be rule 1 for me, but I do like the prototype.

Skyline2uk

Having said all that, powered model doesn't have to mean locomotive. It could be a unit.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

I am away this weekend, but I'll be glued to my phone with excitement at the announcement!!

Have a great TINGS one and all :thumbsup:

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

NeMo

Quote from: NGS-PO on September 07, 2018, 08:38:51 AM
Having said all that, powered model doesn't have to mean locomotive. It could be a unit.

That's a valid point, and something like a Class 313 AC/DC EMU or a Class 117 DMU would surely be useful models.

The only really obvious gaps are the 'Peak' diesels and the Class 87, 90, and 91 electrics, but these are old Farish models with some probability of being updated in the medium term. Some of those electric locos didn't sell particularly well either, if their persistence on the 'bargain shelf' in many shops is any indication.

It really has to be a unit then, if Revolution wanted to do something completely new, and the money seems to be on contemporary units, which might rule out the first generation DMUs. My money would be on some sort of modern image EMU, much as I'd love to see a class 76 loco or Metropolitan Railway Bo-Bo!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

NGS-PO

Found it!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=34556.msg515814#msg515814

6th post down

RailGooner

:veryangry: Seriously(!)? :veryangry: 9am on a Saturday morning(?)! :veryangry: What about my well deserved lie in(!)? :veryangry: I'll be lucky to even get off to sleep tonight! :D

Tank

Quote from: RailGooner on September 07, 2018, 09:42:39 AM
:veryangry: Seriously(!)? :veryangry: 9am on a Saturday morning(?)! :veryangry: What about my well deserved lie in(!)? :veryangry: I'll be lucky to even get off to sleep tonight! :D

Think about the poor Admin who has to be up at 8am to put all of the threads and pictures together!!!! :no: :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations