Dear Doctor

Started by joe cassidy, August 29, 2018, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

As most of us on this forum are knocking on a bit, as might be expected, there is quite a lot of discussion about the ailments that afflict us "over 21s".

For the past few months I have been experiencing feelings of dizziness when tying my shoe laces (in both sitting down ans standing up modes).

Is this something I should worry about ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Joe (age 60)

Paul-H

Probably nothing to worry about, but low blood pressure will give you dizziness.

See the quack if worried.

Paul 60 next week :(
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

joe cassidy

Thanks Paul.

Low blood pressure - that means I need to take more alcohol, salt & cholesterol :)

Best regards,

Joe

javlinfaw7

Get it checked,as some one who had similar problems and ignored it.

joe cassidy

Thanks Javlin - will do.

NinOz

Bending over and feeling dizzy can be due to "floaties" in ear canal.  These can tickle the movement sensors and induce a sense of movement which disappears when they settle under gravity.  Can be a real problem when they float about and remain suspended for long periods of time.
Standing up quickly from relaxed sitting position and feeling dizzy with room darkening can be due to low blood pressure.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

jpendle

Get yourself a sphyg (sphygmomanometer), also known as a blood pressure monitor.

Get one with a cuff that goes round your upper arm. Here in the US they are around $50, so hopefully less than 40 pounds. They also check your pulse rate.

I had to use one for 4 years while I was on home dialysis.

Remember, low blood pressure is just as bad as high blood pressure.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Newportnobby

Whatever you do, get this checked out, Joe. It could be something simple like an inner ear infection or, if it's blood pressure related, it needs to be measured and understood by medical folks.
OK, I've had severe heart issues, but think a blood pressure monitor for home use is no bad thing. Most pharmacies in the UK sell them for about £20.
Please don't leave this until it happens again.

joe cassidy

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations