!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tiree  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
Re: Tiree
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2018, 06:32:31 am »
. I did discover the square wire supposedly  1 mm square didn't go into a hole until it was 1.3mm in diameter.
The diagonal of square wire is 1.414 times the length of the sides.  You did well to get 1mm square wire into a 1.3mm diameter hole, but 0.6mm should fit rather loosely in a 1 mm hole.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2018, 06:51:59 am »
Thanks I'll blame the spell chrcker, I've just had a problem ordering the 0.6 mm wire. The spell checker kept changing the address line  "road" to regards. Also not until I ordered, did it come up temporarily out of stock it won't be delivered till 5th July at the earliest...I'm glad I ticked normal post not 24 hour delivery.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2018, 07:03:29 am »
. I did discover the square wire supposedly  1 mm square didn't go into a hole until it was 1.3mm in diameter.
The diagonal of square wire is 1.414 times the length of the sides.  You did well to get 1mm square wire into a 1.3mm diameter hole, but 0.6mm should fit rather loosely in a 1 mm hole.
Yes you are right I forgot that, either way  the 1mm wire seems too heavy, giving a real post size of 6 inches square.
 Having now found a supplier of 0.6 square wire which comes out at a real 3.6 inches square, A coat of paint and it'll be about 4 inches square the normal post size.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:05:14 am by The Q »

Offline kiwi1941

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11394
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 09:49:35 am »
Having now found a supplier of 0.6 square wire which comes out at a real 3.6 inches square, A coat of paint and it'll be about 4 inches square the normal post size.
Who is the supplier? B
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2018, 05:31:18 pm »
Who is the supplier? B
https://www.cooksongold.com/Base-Metal/Copper-Square-Wire-0.6mm-X-7.5m----Fully-Annealed-prcode-860-1247&query=0.6mm%20square%20wire&channel=uk

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything