Tour de Yorkshire

Started by Newportnobby, May 02, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 05, 2018, 05:01:32 PM
I'm the other side of the Pennines and our weather is as good as Scarborough's looks but without the wind :D

You just need to eat more baked beans Mick. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Talk about a race of two halves!
The first half was pretty sleep inducing but, oh boy, the second half was just electrifying. I'll say no more as some folks may not have seen it yet.

cycletrak9

It's 8.30 a.m. , I'm sitting at my desk/workbench.

Cyclists are already passing the window on the road to the bottom of Greenhow at the rate of around 25 per minute.

It is going to be crowded on the top of the hill!

Mike

I've just checked the TdY website and apparently whilst we are not on the race route we are on the route of the accompanying sportive - this probably accounts for the traffic!

RichardBattersby

Quote from: cycletrak9 on May 06, 2018, 08:32:52 AM
It's 8.30 a.m. , I'm sitting at my desk/workbench.

Cyclists are already passing the window on the road to the bottom of Greenhow at the rate of around 25 per minute.

It is going to be crowded on the top of the hill!

Mike

I've just checked the TdY website and apparently whilst we are not on the race route we are on the route of the accompanying sportive - this probably accounts for the traffic!

I'm afraid I was one of those people! I live nearby but didn't have time to recon that part of the route before doing the sportive and all I can is that it's nasty! Huge thanks to all the spectators though, their encouragement got me to the top without stopping. Was a great day. Shattered though.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

cycletrak9

Glad you had a good ride Richard - No need to apologise, I was a racing cyclist myself from the age of 16 right up to my late forties and it is great to see the growth of cycling as a leisure activity. In the 1960's if you rode a bike it was assumed that you did it because you couldn't afford a car. We watched the race on the descent from the top of Greenhow  and I was amazed that Rosetto managed to stay away to the finish - what a ride!

Newportnobby

I was dreading poor Rossetto being caught before the finish but he held on after 120kms on his own.
What a performance! :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations