!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Upperton - Restoring to Exhibit  (Read 547 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Upperton - Restoring to Exhibit
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:44 pm »
 :toot: Congratulations on the milestone of (re)linking all the boards! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think it's great that you reintroduced Alan and the layout. I hope the other builder gets to see it too - research suggests that visual memory stimuli are very beneficial for dementia patients.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:57:05 pm by RailGooner »
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline Upperton

• N Gauge Society Number: 27844
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 06:38:21 am »
We had a good weekend soldering, testing, re-soldering, testing and managed to get 90% of the layout front operational again. Most of the inner loop fiddle yard is active too, so were able to achieve the goal of getting a lap on that loop. Getting the outer line running was a nice additional bonus and surprised a few people last night.

The twitter poll deciding the inaugural service was a tie between a Class 37 and a Bullied Merchant Navy. Unfortunately the Bullied decided not to get up to steam and had to be replaced by a Crompton.

The layout was taken down last night and we will work on scenery over the next few months, the local standard is set at the highest bar as Upperton lives a couple of miles from Wrenton.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 07:20:02 am »
Just caught up with this! Truly a saga!  :thumbsup:

As one facing a fairly big renovation myself, this is most interesting. A very, very impressive job so far.  :thumbsup:

And yes, NPN, I did indeed enjoy the BP clips!  :beers:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:21:36 am by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here