LSWR Adams Class A12 0-4-2

Started by CarriageShed, April 27, 2018, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

I've been hankering after an Adams Class A12 'Jubilee' loco in N for a while, and now my cousin has offered to build the boiler for me in brass, so I need some drawings showing the basic dimensions.

While I have details for quite a few Maunsell locos, finding drawings for the Adams locos of the LSWR is a little harder. They are definitely going to be necessary because my cousin works mostly with OO and larger scales. The tender is no problem. That will come from Union Mills. It's just the loco body dimensions that are needed. A quick Google search produces nothing, so perhaps someone on the forum can point me in the right direction, please?

CarriageShed

An A12 of the SR period, which is what I'm modelling (1929/1920):

Dorsetmike

Think I've got a copy of the Skinley Drawing drawn to 4mm scale so you need yer slide rule.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bob G

Looks like a UM tender drive could go on that!

Dorsetmike

It does

Also works for a Drummond K10

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CarriageShed

Quote from: Dorsetmike on April 27, 2018, 05:39:18 PM
Think I've got a copy of the Skinley Drawing drawn to 4mm scale so you need yer slide rule.

You can never have too much detail, that's for sure. Do send it over, please.

Quote from: Bob G on April 27, 2018, 05:49:17 PM
Looks like a UM tender drive could go on that!

As Mike said, it certainly does. An Adams-pattern one from a Class 0395, to be exact. I still need to get hold of a dead Dapol 14xx so that I can strip off the motor and work out how to wire up the free-running chassis to the tender drive...

Dorsetmike

Dapol 14xx drivers are way too small, 14xx 5'2",  A12 6'0"; I've got a couple of pairs on axles around 5'9" - 6'0", the 6' are ABS and the quartering can be a pain, the 5'9" are off a Minitrix and are red and have cogs in the centre of the axles; or maybe Colin Heard might have some.

I'll have a hunt for the scale drawing, with these last few weeks of daily radio therapy things have got sort of a bit more untidy than usual.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

CarriageShed

Quote from: Dorsetmike on April 28, 2018, 01:05:32 PM
Dapol 14xx drivers are way too small, 14xx 5'2",  A12 6'0"; I've got a couple of pairs on axles around 5'9" - 6'0", the 6' are ABS and the quartering can be a pain, the 5'9" are off a Minitrix and are red and have cogs in the centre of the axles; or maybe Colin Heard might have some.

I'll have a hunt for the scale drawing, with these last few weeks of daily radio therapy things have got sort of a bit more untidy than usual.

The wheels are going to complicate things then. I don't have the skills or knowledge (or equipment) to build my own chassis.

No hurry with the drawing. This is going to be a slow-burner of a project.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations