!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: NER Dynamometer help wanted  (Read 688 times)

Offline Cutter

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: NER Dynamometer help wanted
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 01:59:26 am »
Search Google images for  "NER dynamometer interior" and you'll find a couple of useful photos of the real thing and several images of model interiors. I too have ordered the 3D print -- remember that this vehicle was lined in 1938! Will Fox add "DYNAMOMETER CAR" to their N scale carriage branding transfer sheet one day as they have for OO do you think?
Now if only someone would do an N gauge 3D print of the 12 wheeled saloons from the LNER royal train ...

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08:22 am »
Working on transfers  :)

Offline Cutter

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 01:46:14 pm »
To go back to the original question, there is a drawing of the dynamometer car in the Isinglass range, which should help.

I have a dumb question--did this car run in a particular direction? What I mean is, did it have to be marshaled a particular way round--would the ducket have been always at the back, or did it not matter?

Offline Snowwolflair

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »
I have their drawing but its very poor on detail.  I think I will be going to York soon to do my own drawing.

Offline Cutter

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 07:38:32 pm »
I am now told that this car was always marshaled immediately behind the locomotive, with the rounded end of the bay in the middle facing towards the front and the flat end of the bay to the rear. The duckets were evidently added shortly before Mallard's 1938 run, and would thus have been at the leading end of the vehicle, with the white dynamometer wheel in front of the bay. This is the way the car is displayed at the NRM behind Mallard in the photos I have found online.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:44:20 pm by Cutter »

Offline Snowwolflair

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 12:54:51 am »
I took 95 shots of her last weekend at the NRM York and when I get time to sort them out I will post some of the more significant ones.

This shot however is invaluable.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here