!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: track wiring  (Read 2984 times)

Online ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: track wiring
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2018, 06:35:05 pm »
Well could still be down to dirty point blades or them not fully throwing into place, but to be honest it's rather difficult to diagnose remotely (so-to-speak). Post some clear and sharp close-ups of where you think the fault is, but to be honest it's going to be down to you to narrow down the fault and sort it out - after all that's one of the joys / pains of railway modelling and fault finding is a skill that you develop through experience!

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline first timer

• N Gauge Society Number: 26959
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2018, 08:33:43 pm »
Hi all, I need to buy another twin controller and have found an H & M are they N gauge compatible ?

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2018, 08:37:18 pm »
Hi all, I need to buy another twin controller and have found an H & M are they N gauge compatible ?

H&M what - Duette?   Those are old resistance mat controllers, They'll kind of work on high resistance and don't use "half-wave" but not best suited to modern N motors.  They're best suited to OO models of the 60s and 70s.

My old H&M units now have simple Gaugemaster panel mount controllers fitted in the cases.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:39:10 pm by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2018, 10:18:41 pm »

I think you'd be better off with either a Gaugemaster (with lifetime guarantee) or Morley (5 year guarantee) for use with the newer motors in N. I have an H & M Duette but would only use it for accessories

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here