!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Union Mills Dukedog  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: Union Mills Dukedog
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 12:07:56 pm »
I managed to pick up one nearly new for a mere 70 - really a rather pleasing deal.

I have to say that this is probably one of the best UM models yet - the new motor is substantially better, allowing proper sleeper creep - almost as good as a Mashima conversion though not quite. But really lovely still.

I'd love to know the source of these motors, as they may well have other viable uses.

I have done the usual adjustments of painting the buffer heads and wheel rims black, and reducing the wheel drop by packing under the centre tender axle, which has too much vertical play for my liking. I also added a washer under the front of the tender where the front fixing screw is, as the tender seemed to be sitting a little front low compared to the rear - not sure if anyone else's is like this?

Cheers,
Alan

My ones came with washers but probably lost by your first owner. Easily done as they are very small.

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+49)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »
My ones came with washers but probably lost by your first owner. Easily done as they are very small.

It had one washer bonded to the tender body - I added a second.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 12:12:30 pm »

It had one washer bonded to the tender body - I added a second.

Cheers,
Alan

Yes that sounds correct.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here