Redland PGA in N?

Started by woodbury22uk, September 15, 2016, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acko22

They spent time on the Peak Forest - Northwich service from around 2000 till 2003  IIRC taking over from the 1930s ICI wagons which were withdrawn when the 60s took over due to the older wagons been Vacuum braked which the 60s are compatible with.

The ones used were mostly former Tarmac and Yeoman wagons but IIRC there was a few former Redland wagons mixed in.

Since then I know that VTG own a few so they could be anywhere, although it would not surprise me if they were spotted around Peak Forest mixed in with other wagons like the HOA
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

RailGooner

Oh yes! They are looking nice. :thumbsup:

bluedepot

£400+ for a decent rake though. it's just too much.

a decent block rake of any of the newly produced wagons is going to cost around £300 - £450 now days. i just think that modelling non block-freights or shorter prototype formations is the only feasible option for most modelers - which takes away much of the advantage of n gauge. 

tim

njee20

PGAs are often still mixed with JGAs (Farish and NGS) and HOAs (Revolution), so a wagon that has always operated in mixed rakes, unusually for anything modern!

Ben A

Quote from: bluedepot on July 22, 2018, 03:05:57 PM

a decent block rake of any of the newly produced wagons is going to cost around £300 - £450 now days. i just think that modelling non block-freights or shorter prototype formations is the only feasible option for most modelers - which takes away much of the advantage of n gauge. 

tim

Hi Tim,

There are photos on the previous page showing these wagons mixed with others.

These wagons are not just mixed with the JGAs offered by Farish, but the JGAs represented by the NGS kit and the older Farish PGAs which can be picked up second hand.

So there are options for making up a lower cost train. 

But I also think it's too sweeping a comment to simply say £400 is too much.  Different people have different requirements and priorities.

Cheers

Ben A.

Western Exile

Quote from: bluedepot on July 22, 2018, 03:05:57 PM

How do you know that?  I haven't seen any prices quoted anywhere.
(not Dr.) Al

koyli55002

These will no doubt come available for sale six weeks after I finish detailing the rake of them that I already have ! Murphy's third law states that categorically ..............

Smiffy

Hi,

Are these available to order and if so where?

Thanks in advance.

Iain

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

EastMidsCoal

Quote from: woodbury22uk on September 27, 2018, 10:55:30 PM
Not open for orders yet.

I am a bit confused here, I've had a look on the Cavalex website and that says the point for expressing an interest and pre-orders has passed?  Id be interested in some of these in the original Redland liveries for my 'East Midlands' layout as I think they headed northwards from Mountsorrel as well as south/east?

Richard

Western Exile

Quote from: EastMidsCoal on September 28, 2018, 07:27:33 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on September 27, 2018, 10:55:30 PM
Not open for orders yet.

I am a bit confused here, I've had a look on the Cavalex website and that says the point for expressing an interest and pre-orders has passed?  Id be interested in some of these in the original Redland liveries for my 'East Midlands' layout as I think they headed northwards from Mountsorrel as well as south/east?

Richard

That refers to the OO version. On their home page it says "Cavalex Models are pleased to announce that we have started the design stage of the process for the N gauge version of our PGA wagon. We will provide an update for how to submit expressions of interest in due course."
(not Dr.) Al

EastMidsCoal

Quote from: Western Exile on September 28, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
That refers to the OO version. On their home page it says "Cavalex Models are pleased to announce that we have started the design stage of the process for the N gauge version of our PGA wagon. We will provide an update for how to submit expressions of interest in due course."

Ah! I'd missed that they did OO gauge models too.  I went to the home page, then saw Pre Orders across the top!

Thanks @Western Exile

Richard

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations