Graham Farish Standard NEM couplings in Short supply

Started by Paul-H, September 27, 2018, 02:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

I have been trying to buy some standard Graham Farish NEM Couplers 379-401 and just about every single major dealers is showing out of stock, they all have loads of the short ones but no standard, I did eventually find some at Lendons of Cardiff but none with anyone else.

Why are they in such short supply?

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Bob G

Standard NEMs should be banned. Short ones all the time for me.
Bob

How many would you like?? I have about a 100 in a bag doing nothing, having since changed them to either the short type or knuckle couplers.

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Paul-H

2 problems I have with the short ones

1. I find they don't always fit in the nem socket, seems like they are too short for some makes

2. In a moment of wisdom when I was converting all my wagons to NEM I had the bright idea to mount the sockets further back, reducing the gap when using standard couplings, so now they are too far back to use shorts if I wanted to.

I normally use Dapol knuckles both magnetic and standard, but when I run on the clubs exhibition layout for some reason I have decoupling issues so just swap back to standard couplings.

Hi Anthony, thanks for the offer, I need about 20, PM me your price

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

Paul-H

Ok, so did some testing last night and found I can get away with using the short couplings so have ordered enough to do a full conversion of all rolling stock that is to be used on the exhibition layout.

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations