PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaian

Good to know another is on the way, will keep an eye out.

While I am here, has anyone had any issues with a wheel jumping the rail?
I have only run this Dapol Class 66 but my GF ones don't have any problems, I picked up the Evening Star Dapol 66 at TINGS and will chip and run that to see if it is any different. I was curious if anyone had any problems or if there might be an imbalance on mine somewhere.
Craig

acko22

Hi All
@Kaian have you managed to solve the issue of the wheel jumping the rails?

As some will already have seen on Facebook, Anthony Sutton of West Coast Resprays has had his mucky hands on my running Patriot and done some weathering work using some pictures of the loco out and about in the 11 months Since it has been named.

He has done an amazing job and I cant wait to have it in my hands to play with run!

For more examples of Anthony's work go to and to commission him for any locos you may want doing go to

http://www.westcoastresprays.co.uk/

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Fantastic photos Gareth. Looks a bit of alright that  ;)

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Kaian

Quote from: acko22 on October 02, 2017, 09:37:08 PM
@Kaian have you managed to solve the issue of the wheel jumping the rails?

No, not yet. I tried loosening the screw for the bogie which helped a little. I have identified it is jumping at a point just before the decline. I have another Dapol 66 the evening star and it feels a little heavier. I think it might be a little light but I want to check over the engine on that point to make sure it isn't anything track related first.
Craig

JeremiahBunyan

Graham

Hi @acko22 is there any news on when the next model will be available?

cheers
Graham

JeremiahJBunyan

One has made it's way to me in Bangalore, India! Absolutely love it. Thanks @acko22 for the effort you've put into getting these out. The Dapol Class 66 is one of my favourite N gauge locomotives.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations