!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Next Union Mills Model will be...  (Read 41681 times)

Online Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Next Union Mills Model will be...
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2018, 05:36:17 pm »
 I have ordered my City of Truro but itís a shame Colin hasnít done the livery I hoped he would , even as I suggested  as a deluxe one off with etched name and number plates thatís the one that would sell to even the modern image modellers but at least he did listen and do it and the experts like Ozy and other will be kept busy upgrading it for those of us that havenít got the ability to do it ourselves ,I will try and afford to get someone to do mine I will be asking Narrow planet to do the name and number plates for me they really are very nice plates and a reasonable price if you donít mind waiting for them. Then I will have three flagship locos on my layout
City of Truro
Poppylino
Chiltern 68
And those are not in any order of preference they will all be equall
And apart from Revolutions A P T E when itís available , City of Truro will probably be the last loco I will be able to buy unless I sell even more of my collection as the price of locos goes up but my State Pension stays more or less the same. I will have two Dapol 45xx locos for sale on the B H E STAND  £50 Ono at the Great Central Railway Show this weekend to pay for the City
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:11:42 pm by Bob Tidbury »

Online NeMo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:18 pm »
Not for GW purists I agree, but I did think she looked rather smart ... could be tempting  :-[

And let's face it, a lot of RTR steam locomotives are operated on modern image layouts as 'preserved steam specials' and the like. In which case anything goes!

Cheers, NeMo

Online Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2018, 06:17:00 pm »
I'd like to see a South Eastern 4-4-0 like a D or L1. With the birdcages due it could help with sales :) They have a great track record with large 4-4-0's!

It's not too difficult to hack a Farish 4P into a reasonable looking D1/E1. I once did a more severe hack into a D15, back in the 1980s.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything