!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 239043 times)

Offline Delboy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3705 on: May 29, 2018, 09:33:04 am »
Congratulations to you both on the wonderful news.
Take heed of what has already been said.
Now all your challenges start!! :)

We are at the stage where we have our grand kids for a few days, give them back and are able to go and lie down in a darkened room.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #3706 on: May 29, 2018, 09:00:47 pm »
Moments of passion, years of problems :)
Congratulations.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3707 on: May 29, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »
I had a nice day out yesterday at believe it or not a Bus Museum we had a couple of rides in vintage buses and one trip went through a village called
TIDBURY GREEN I didnít know I had a village named after me ,But the happy bit is railway related I met Jason Shron and had a nice chat with him I asked him IF the A P T E didnít get the numbers that  Ben and Mike require would Rapido still go ahead and make it anyway ,he said that he was very confident that the project will get the required number and Revolution WILL go ahead and make it but it wonít be available for a couple of years . I also had a good look at the class 92 it does look good I also had a look at the O O bus that Rapido are doing and although itís the wrong scale it looks like it will be the finest bus model ever made ,The Canadian bus looked amazing .
Oh I all,most forgot  I also picked up a complete set of light units and screws for my Poppylino .
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:18:24 pm by Bob Tidbury »

Online Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun ŗ son goŻt!
    • Awards
« Reply #3708 on: May 31, 2018, 09:02:23 pm »
Happy days!

A while ago, I tried to put a decoder into a second hand class 47 that I'd bought even more of a while ago. Following the usual recommended practice, I gave it a run-in, and it was a bit hesitant, but 'good enough' I thought. Well it wasn't. With a DCX76 installed, it was awful. Hesitant, wouldn't start, flashing lights, the works. So I pulled out the decoder, put it in something that would work, and parked the 47.

Well this evening, as part of my push to get everything decodered, I got it out again, and gave it a proper inspection. The wheels were my first thought, but I'd obviously been there before, because they were lovely and clean. Next, off with the bogies, and lo and behold, more grease than, well, something I'm probably not allowed to say any more.

Half an hour of scraping and padding later, it runs much better, and does a lovely slow crawl with the new Zimo decoder installed. Result!
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3709 on: June 09, 2018, 01:14:21 pm »
Got my SQ11 cube camera this morning so it's on charge as I type this :)

Online ColinH

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24448
    • Awards
« Reply #3710 on: June 09, 2018, 02:49:37 pm »
I got my SQ11 this morning as well. Lights came on  when switched on but reckoned this would be a low charge so plugged it in to my laptop to charge and it got very hot and now nothing appears to work. Don't know what I did wrong.  :confusedsign:
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3711 on: June 09, 2018, 10:49:52 pm »
I seem to be having some difficulties with mine too :hmmm:
The micro SD card is not a click fit (as this video states) and it was only by following the vid I could tell which way up to put the card into the camera. Consequently I had already managed to nearly lose the SD card in the camera and had to use tweezers to extract it!

More fun tomorrow, no doubt :uneasy:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here