What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifer

Well , I finally got this project nearly completed. I need a rear light and firecracker antenna, but here it is. I had to cheat on the SF logo and it is to large but I have to live with it and I made the Amarillo decal for the boom.

Thanks , Mike
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

Alex

Hi Mike,

Absolutley stunning  :o. Is this a kit or did you scratchbuild it.

Alex

Fifer

Quote from: alex crawford on July 09, 2011, 09:06:14 PM
Hi Mike,

Absolutley stunning  :o. Is this a kit or did you scratchbuild it.

Alex

Thanks Alex , The car base is an MT heavyweight car but the rest is scratched with the exception of the boxcar center. It was a MT MOW car load.
The Crane is a Bachmann with many modifications and some decal work plus lowered with MT trucks and complete paint job.
Thanks , Mike
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

lesmond

Hi Mike,

That is a beautiful job, more so as it's in "N". Very well done  :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Fifer

Quote from: lesmond on July 10, 2011, 11:47:09 AM
Hi Mike,

That is a beautiful job, more so as it's in "N". Very well done  :thumbsup:

Thank You so much Lesmond I had a blast building it.
Mike
I wrote 'happy'.
-- John Lennon

upnick

Hi Mike,   
Excellent build  makes a change to see a  crane  in  Santa  Fe paint   ;) :)

Fifer

Quote from: upnick on July 10, 2011, 05:44:07 PM
Hi Mike,   
Excellent build  makes a change to see a  crane  in  Santa  Fe paint   ;) :)
Thanks so much Nick.
Mike
I wrote 'happy'.
-- John Lennon

Alex

Fifer

Quote from: alex crawford on July 11, 2011, 05:53:33 PM
Hi,

There's a similar looking crane on Ebay right now. It's made by Minitrix.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Minitrix-N-gauge-CRANE-/310331156710?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item48412da8e6

Alex

Thanks Alex , I had one of those as well but is the wrong starting point for the ATSF , it is much smaller and wrong body shape. It is a cool crane though !!!

Mike
I wrote 'happy'.
-- John Lennon

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Fifer

Quote from: jonclox on July 12, 2011, 09:38:54 AM
Wow! very nice work

Thanks Jon , Great to have you looking !!

Mike
I wrote 'happy'.
-- John Lennon

quinntopia

I've been trying out weathering some Roco DB cars, it was fun.

I've also been having fun running trains and 'train-spotting' my layout!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ikeaOqcVg

tadpole

Two rails good. Three better.

LMSStanier

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM
I just wondered what everyone was modelling on here?

I mainly collect anything that was run by BR in the 80's up to 1995.  If it's in Network SouthEast livery, even better!  :D  I have also bought a few out of place items like some Class 66's and Voyagers....all part of the fun.   ;)
:Carriage: I'm hoping to build a representation of the Oldham line as it used to look in the 1950' - 60's. The line closed in 2009. I've bought lots of rolling stock and locomotives for the period, along with buildings and various kits, and am now buying the track. Though I have the track plan to work from, the whole layout will be a challenge as there are certain things that may have to be scratchbuilt.
Any day above ground's a good day!!

Dock Shunter

Quote from: LMSStanier on August 16, 2011, 02:27:16 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM
I just wondered what everyone was modelling on here?

I mainly collect anything that was run by BR in the 80's up to 1995.  If it's in Network SouthEast livery, even better!  :D  I have also bought a few out of place items like some Class 66's and Voyagers....all part of the fun.   ;)
:Carriage: I'm hoping to build a representation of the Oldham line as it used to look in the 1950' - 60's. The line closed in 2009. I've bought lots of rolling stock and locomotives for the period, along with buildings and various kits, and am now buying the track. Though I have the track plan to work from, the whole layout will be a challenge as there are certain things that may have to be scratchbuilt.
Hi LMSStanier........you may be interested in this NGauge layout that is based on Oldham in 1959....           http://www.satanicmill.cd2.com/index.htm

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations