Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

@daffy
Even though I ceased looking for a job some 9 years ago I still get mails from agencies I've never managed to unsubscribe from. Now they send me a stay/go message I'm using the opportunity to the full :D >:D. As times/circumstances change so do our needs, so newsletters from model shops etc are quite welcome. It may be the situation one has slightly cheaper utilities bills if you have paperless statements so mails from such companies become a necessity. On balance, I only remain with those I've used in the last year. It won't take much to sign up again should the need arise.

Jerry Howlett

I have been away from the world of work for over 12 years. This week I started to getemails with lists of jobs back in my old home town of Ware.  Despite some of the interesting salaries, commuting may be a bit of a problem and interfere with the already slow progress of layout rebuilding.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

emjaybee

Quote from: The Q on May 25, 2018, 11:06:53 AM
Quote from: themadhippy on May 25, 2018, 10:34:24 AM
just  use http://enigma.louisedade.co.uk/enigma.html to  make your passwords,set the ring ground and plugboard to something you can remember,then type in your chosen password.Luckily blechley park is half missing so  your passwords should be secure

Well It's Missing a T, I noticed 'cos I used to live there...
An interesting site , but if someone else uses it they can decode your password...

I also used to live in Bletchley, I concur that it should have a 'T'.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on May 25, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
just  use http://enigma.louisedade.co.uk/enigma.html to  make your passwords,set the ring ground and plugboard to something you can remember,then type in your chosen password.Luckily blechley park is half missing so  your passwords should be secure

An interesting site , but if someone else uses it they can decode your password...

Of course it should have a 'T'. Otherwise it would just b 'i' ::) :laugh3:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 25, 2018, 04:09:20 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on May 25, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

Of course it should have a 'T'. Otherwise it would just b 'i' ::) :laugh3:

I can't help thinking you've got too much time on your hands...

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

acko22

Well as a number of you know I have been on away with work for some time, but I was rushed home to be with family on emergency compassionate travel landing at Heathrow to be greeted with train tickets to get back north ASAP.

But Virgin trains just shocking!! Worked had booked me on the 1700 service but Virgin wouldn't let me travel on an earlier service unless I paid an extra 45 pounds.
That wouldn't have been an issue if I had my bank cards with me or my phone had any life to get family to pay the extra, but all I had was the clothes on my back a bag and my emergency travel documents, to say unhappy is a polite way off saying totally  :censored: off!!
The attitude shown by the staff at Euston well honestly if you travel through their apart from a few members of staff I just wouldn't bother!

Thankfully the situation at home hasn't got any worse and now I can be with my family it what is a distressing time!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

daveg

Sorry to learn that a difficult situation was made worse by 'Jobsworth' attitude.

Hope life gets easier very soon.

Dave G

StufromEGDL

@acko22

Comp cell should have called me. I'm on Standby at RS3 all weekend specifically for this type of move.
Glad you got home in time though...hope all is as good as it can be.

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

dannyboy

That sort of attitude certainly does not help in circumstances like yours. You would think the 'jobsworth' could have made some enquiries of a supervisor or something, if only for the good PR it would generate. Anyway, I hope things work out okay.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

in my day, back when Pontias was a pilot, there were RTO offices at most London railway stations, and they would I'm sure been ably to sort something out for you.

no doubt all gone now, in the interests of 'efficieny / economy / cost cutting'

just like the military, army, navy and air force, hospitals, as opposed to a couple of wards in an NHS hospital

may I join the others in hoping that all is not as bad as was initially thought.

acko22

Hi gents,

Thanks for you good wishes, @StufromEGDL if I knew that I would have got them to get you on call with your driving even from Heathrow it would have taken less time!
@class37025 I won't lie I have no idea what an RTO is, but having been with family and now maybe not calmer but relieved to be with family I can say that Oxford station is the exact opposite of what I experienced at Euston, when returning from tours they use to (and most likely still do) send someone out to meet you and get you sorted and on your way with as much help as they can offer, even offering to carry kit for you (brave when you consider how heavy we like our bags) on one occasion a mate of mine missed the last train home and they sorted him out with a taxi to a station where there was a later train which could get him home.

So I would never slag the entire railways staff off as I know there are plenty of good guys out there just my luck to get stuck with the jobsworths yesterday right at the time I needed it the least
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

guest311

RTO, I'm sure I've got that right, was IIRC rail transport office, basically a small movements section.

Papyrus

Well, here we are, May Bank Holiday, and the start of the annual mad month in our village of Lindfield. Today is the Village Run, when they close some roads and we have dozens of sweaty bodies pounding up the lane near our house with their breath coming in short pants...

Then, on Saturday, it is Village Day. Usually a lovely day, but they close the High Street, so you have to choose your journeys carefully and the sound of the PA can be heard a mile away.

The week after it is the South of England Show for 3 days. The weather is usually vile. They don't close any roads, but for some reason they direct the leaving traffic through our village which clogs up the roads again.

Then a week later, the icing on the cake comes in the form of the London-Brighton Bike Ride. Again, they don't close any roads but the High Street is one-way southbound and you can't cross the road because the stream of cyclists belting down the hill is quite literally continuous, at least during the morning, so it makes no sense to try and go anywhere. The keen ones are practising the route already...

Worthy causes all, but we do wish it wouldn't all come at once.  :uneasy:

Cheers,

Chris

talisman56

Quote from: Papyrus on May 28, 2018, 12:25:11 PM
Well, here we are, May Bank Holiday, and the start of the annual mad month in our village of Lindfield. Today is the Village Run, when they close some roads and we have dozens of sweaty bodies pounding up the lane near our house with their breath coming in short pants...

Then, on Saturday, it is Village Day. Usually a lovely day, but they close the High Street, so you have to choose your journeys carefully and the sound of the PA can be heard a mile away.

The week after it is the South of England Show for 3 days. The weather is usually vile. They don't close any roads, but for some reason they direct the leaving traffic through our village which clogs up the roads again.

Then a week later, the icing on the cake comes in the form of the London-Brighton Bike Ride. Again, they don't close any roads but the High Street is one-way southbound and you can't cross the road because the stream of cyclists belting down the hill is quite literally continuous, at least during the morning, so it makes no sense to try and go anywhere. The keen ones are practising the route already...

Worthy causes all, but we do wish it wouldn't all come at once.  :uneasy:

Cheers,

Chris

I used to live in Lindfield, and that brings back all sorts of memories of 'when I were a lad'...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Sadly our Maplins has finally bitten the dust :(
Always handy for the odd pack of 'stuff' whilst avoiding postage costs from the major on-liners.
Hey Ho.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations