Star Trek

Started by Newportnobby, November 17, 2016, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: port perran on November 17, 2016, 08:51:07 PM
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person alive never to have seen Star Wars but I know it's hugely popular so if it's your cup of tea then enjoy.

You haven't missed out on anything ;) I tried watching it a few years ago, absolute drivel, changed channels after 45 minutes.

I do like some science fiction, grew up with the original "polystyrene rocks for scenery" Star Trek and watched some of TNG as well, but lost interest with the later versions. Never watched any other sci-fi series really, apart from every episode of Red Dwarf  :D

Paul

javlinfaw7

Blake's 7 was o  the models and wobbly scenery times ,but well written

Bealman

Tho old Dr Who was classic for cardboard scenery! However, it is curious that the show reflected the times. When James Bond became popular in the 1960s, so Jon Pertwee as Dr Who became Earthbound and connected to UNIT, and got himself a vintage car and all sorts of fancy gadgets!!

Beam me up, Scotty!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Quote from: Bealman on November 18, 2016, 11:04:34 PM
Beam me up, Scotty!

Will do. What DCC code number is on the decoder chip you have attached to your brain?!!!
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

Quote from: Bealman on November 18, 2016, 10:48:01 PM
That last one looks like a whole lot of bits from Aifix kits all glued together to me!  ;)
Given BBC special effects technology in the 1970s, that's almost certainly what it was.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

jrb

Speaking of Star Trek, ships, and DS9, here's a picture of my AMT 1:72 scale Runabout, that I built sometime in the early to mid 90's (can't remember exactly when!):

Apologies for the poor picture quality - it's a scan of a 20 year old print...

I was really proud of that model. It had working nacelle lighting, and flashing navigation lights too. IIRC it went in the bin when I was packing to move into my first house  :doh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations