Gorra love it! (or do you?)

Started by Zogbert Splod, September 12, 2018, 05:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zogbert Splod

Meatballs, potato croquettes and tomatoes... Tonights nosh.  Tomorrow might be burgers, fish, bacon and spaghetti.  Dont you just love running down the contents of the freezer to do a complete defrost and clean?
:thumbsdown:
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

RailGooner

:D Yes, but I don't love the defrost and cleaning part. Especially when it comes to the chest freezer! >:(

Ted

Glad we're not defrosting ours, it's full of body parts!
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

joe cassidy

I hope you mean the gruesome ones for Halloween, from Marks & Spencer ?

austinbob

It's amazing what great meals you can make from fridge or freezer leftovers. Hate to waste anything. Worst bit of defrosting a front door opening freezer is the PUDDLES. Our greyhound loves the puddles but the carpet is not impressed. :no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: Ted on September 12, 2018, 06:45:24 PM
Glad we're not defrosting ours, it's full of body parts!

:laughabovepost:

Don't tell me. You're the main supplier to the TV series "Silent Witness" :laugh:

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: austinbob on September 12, 2018, 07:09:23 PM
It's amazing what great meals you can make from fridge or freezer leftovers. Hate to waste anything. Worst bit of defrosting a front door opening freezer is the PUDDLES. Our greyhound loves the puddles but the carpet is not impressed. :no:
Well now, I usually have a large ziplock bag in the freezer.  When I come to the near end of a bag of frozen veggies I tip them into the ziplock.  I use a lot of veggies so it doesn't take too long to collect quite a good haul.  That then gets used, generally with some chicken pieces, to make what I call Hobbit Soup.  If you are familiar with the JRRT books you will know that some of the little critters with the hairy toes lived in a place called Bag End.  Seems quite an appropriate name for the soup. :thumbsup:
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Bealman

Actually, on a serious note, stuff in freezers does not last indefinitely.

I found three meat trays I won at the bowlo raffle 4 years ago which I'd forgotten about, and you wouldn't feed them to your doggy.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations