My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:    :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost: Nice one Chris, the Padstow to Newquay run has two very interesting 180% bends on hills in & out of Watergate Bay, very much like on your layout, not easy to photo though when driving  :no:
:hellosign: Thanks Martin, I would say the West footbridge as the full train is nearly always in view
       regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

port perran

Quote from: cornish yorkie on June 17, 2018, 02:11:31 PM
:hellosign:    :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost: Nice one Chris, the Padstow to Newquay run has two very interesting 180% bends on hills in & out of Watergate Bay, very much like on your layout, not easy to photo though when driving  :no:
:hellosign: Thanks Martin, I would say the West footbridge as the full train is nearly always in view
       regards Derek.
Not easy to negotiate with a bus either I imagine. It's hard enough with a caravan behind the car!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

railsquid

Quote from: port perran on June 17, 2018, 03:11:39 PM
Quote from: cornish yorkie on June 17, 2018, 02:11:31 PM
       regards Derek.
Not easy to negotiate with a bus either I imagine. It's hard enough with a caravan behind the car!

As long as the caravan is behind the car... My mother once managed the trick of placing the caravan in front of the car, albeit on a German autobahn.

The Q

I was following a car and caravan at the M1 M6 junction it was proceeding up the M1 when it realised it should be proceeding up the M6.
The sudden change of direction meant the caravan went up the M 1 sideways, the car was going up the M6 sideways . Untill the combination impacted on the Armco in the middle, bits flying every where.
I was on the inside lane going up the M6, and escaped the wreckage.  Some other cars were not so lucky...

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi all,

I mentioned long ago that I wanted to take a pic of my local bus stop round the corner to join in but felt it might be too weird or words to that effect.

Anyway, did some pics on my layout today (haven't been in the room for a few days) and realised next door have had a tree removed.

Hey presto!....

Just the small sign in the distance I'm afraid but the Calvados bottle came out well.

Can try and get one of a bus now but they seem to run to a Spanish timetable (Bolivian on Sundays).

Anyway, thought I'd keep the thread going (or not).

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

The main reason I'm not posting pictures of trolleys at the bus stop lately is because the local bus company, Premier, are now running a service in my area called Premier on Demand. It's door to door, for $1.50!

So I simply ring up from the club, and get dropped off right outside Chez Bealman!

Mito

I think without the Calvados bottle the photo would lack a certain ambiance  and the bus stop would become meaningless. :D :beers:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

port perran

It's a full size Calvados bottle looking out at an N Gauge bus stop.

weave

Quote from: port perran on July 27, 2018, 05:54:12 PM

Yes, actually it looks smaller than the one you have at Tregonning   :D

port perran

Quote from: weave on July 27, 2018, 06:06:30 PM

Yes, actually it looks smaller than the one you have at Tregonning   :D
:laughabovepost:
Ha......hint taken

Mito

Now why didn't I notice that :doh:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

I noticed a funny white thing in the sky at the bus stop yesterday.....

Oh, it's the moon!

railsquid

Very large incoming golfball?

Bealman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP