Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2012

Started by guest2, February 10, 2012, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun Harvey

I'm quite happy to wait my turn in the list but if the next Chris in the list is Chris Eve and Old Warren TMD then it might make sense for him to pass it to me after he's done as I'm about one mile away. If thats a problem for those above me then I'll just wait my turn.

Shaun

:wave:

Chris

I'm happy to take the coach next and then pass onto Shaun (i.e. take it round his house!!) We'll then draw straws as to who will post it off to the next destination.

Great photos by the way Mark! 8)

Mustermark

So, the return trip through Reading on its way to Old Warren was delayed somewhat due to leaves on the line at Crewe.  However, it gave the tour the chance to be pulled by Silver Link.  Here we see the coach coming through Reading and then south on the line that heads off to Ascot.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Chris

Wow definitely worth the delayed departure to get these shots! The Silver Link looks superb.

Chris

Well the coach has arrived at Old Warren - much to the excitement of the local trainspotters. Already there have been a few rail-tours run which have been captured on video:-

Old Warren TMD - N Gauge Forum Coach Tour 2012

Photos to follow very shortly (once edited!)

Tank

portland-docks

Are we going to work on making a train like >>>> :Carriage: :Carriage: :Carriage: :Carriage: :Carriage: :Carriage: :Carriage:    ?

Or is that just me? :NGF:
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

scotsoft

The coach is certainly getting a good run in your video Chris, I do feel sorry for that bloke with the tripod, his back must be killing him  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Chris

Cheers guys - I knew you'd enjoy that! John, the cameraman does walk with a stoop!

Here are those photos I promised:-

67008 bringing the coach to Old Warren after it's arduous trip from Reading via California!

The first rail-tour with 66072 and 66250 in charge.

And returning with 37069 and 20309 double-heading (37087 was rostered but removed following a failure of its lighting unit).

The next tour run by WCRC with 47580 and 57601 in top & tail formation.

And finally the tour everyone was waiting for - 70000 Britannia!

Old Warren will also be commissioning an open day over the weekend before the coach makes a quite detour to George Street then onto Zwilnik early next week.

zwilnik

cool stuff. I now have actual working track for it to run on. Although no scenery as such yet :)

zwilnik

Chris

The coach has now departed Old Warren and is heading for Zwilnik - but made a quick detour to George Street in the hands of Britannia...

The coach gets a wash before its next journey...

Departing again behind Britannia back to Old Warren.

Tank

Excellent pictures again chaps. :camera:  I think the pictures with the NGF coach next to the other coaches are brilliant. :)

Oliver Abbott

:greatpicturessign: looking good behind the Brit ... And may I just say the telegraph polls and wires do look almost as good as the steam SPL  :beers: ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations