Poor Forum Performance

Started by Yet_Another, May 02, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

Thanks for the update Tank.

I'm wondering if it might all be down to the media library (and its sheer size now). If all the forum slowdowns match up to times when people are attempting to upload images or videos that might make sense.

MinZaPint

Quote from: Zwilnik on May 23, 2016, 10:46:23 AM
Thanks for the update Tank.

I'm wondering if it might all be down to the media library (and its sheer size now). If all the forum slowdowns match up to times when people are attempting to upload images or videos that might make sense.

that sounds possible, at the moment I can't see any pictures  :confused1:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Yet_Another

At 13:28 it took over four minutes to get onto the site. Attempting to get to the main page timed out with a 500 internal server error, and at the same time I used a history link to go directly to the General topic.

There is a useful diagnostic at the bottom of every page, which tells you how long it to for the server to generate the page you're looking at.

The above attempt looked like this:

Page created in 254.575 seconds with 35 queries.

The page I'm on now, writing this, looks like this:

Page created in 0.575 seconds with 23 queries.

The former is clearly very bad.

If it's possible to include any further diagnostic info in the page footer, it might help to pin down where the problem is occurring.

Just a thought. 
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

keerout

Today,twixt 12.00 and 14.00h GMT I could not get on the forum; that is, not even the home page...  :'(
hope it gets better soon
Gerard  :wave:

Oldman

Like post 80 exactly same problem , not even using phone and mobile version of forum
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

GeeBee

Tried to login at 2.30 pm after 5 mins I gave up and returned at 3.30 pm and it seems OK now

Newportnobby

Yeah - tried to log on at 15.00hrs but just got a 500 Error message. Successful at 15.30.

jpendle

Yep 3pm UK time today couldn't load the webpage, everything is fine now.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Yet_Another

19:15. The forum is working ok, but no access at all to media. No pictures in posts, and unable to get my albums to load.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

daveg

Opened my album OK but a little slow @19:30 hrs.

Dave G

GaryAlan

Hi I've been unable to log in since 13:45 - 19:25  23/05/16, I logged in ok to NMR, MRF and WOW's, no slow motion etc.
I did get this message several times when trying to log in,
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

Sprintex

Post copied from "Posting Images" thread as it's applicable to this topic too:-

QuoteIMPORTANT !!

If you are trying to upload images and getting an error message please check your album before you try uploading the same image again - you will probably find it is there! We have seen many instances in past weeks of people uploading the same image 10 or more times in the belief it hasn't worked, and I wonder if this is contributing to the forum slowing down on occasions?

I believe the problem is still being worked on (as above) but until then please just check in your album if you receive the error message.

:thankyousign:

Paul

JasonBz

I couldn't connect with the site at all between about 17:15 and 18:45, not even to get a server error - It just said not responding or similar....

Ditape

I was unable to connect to the forum between about 1600 and 2000 to day 23/05/2016. :veryangry: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Diane Tape

JasonBz

For me, at the moment, it is running faster than normal, by quite a speedy margin too!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations