Layouts in tv drama

Started by broadsword, August 25, 2018, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadsword

I quite enjoy watching Morse and  A Touch of Frost. In the past few days a couple of episodes
have featured characters who have large 00 layouts. In Morse there was a mummy's boy
who threw a strop because his mum forgot to order a new guards van for him and in Frost
the murder victim was a  seedy and neurotic pawnbroker/moneylender . Hope they're not
based on real people !   :D

Paul-H

I think there was an episode of Hinterland were the local weirdo was into model rail.

Anyone notice a theme

It's a bit like when they portray the local perve or nonce and they are always into photography.

Stereotypes I don't make them I just observe them ;)

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

ntpntpntp

I must admit I probably annoy SWMBO when I spot model trains in the background of Antiques Roadtrip etc.

The Two Ronnies sketch about the little trains of Wales  holds particular interest as the 009 layout they used  (see especially the end of the sketch) was "The Dovey Valley Railway", one I used to help operate at shows in the late 70s and the 80s.   I believe it still exists though is retired from exhibiting.

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

daffy

Thanks Nick for the early morning laugh with the Two Ronnies.

The 'Endeavour' series episode, Passenger, also featured a train buff who was portrayed as a bit weird. Factual errors* aside, it was a good episode, with lots of interest for those who enjoy trains in all shapes and sizes.

https://mountainlake.org/endeavour-passenger/

* errors in this episode discussed elsewhere on this Forum
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

broadsword

Paul -H,  note your point, in  predigital times pro photographers were regarded as glamorous
showbiz types whereas amateurs were regarded with suspicion as either perves or nerds .
Nowadays every man and his dog are taking selfies in the street.

daffy

Quote from: broadsword on August 26, 2018, 11:41:00 AM
Nowadays every man and his dog are taking selfies in the street.

Seems that way, especially the dogs....

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Waz

Not N gauge, but the OO gauge underground layout was featured in an episode of Sherlock

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations